Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Anyone know of good war games for PC?
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiseacre
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:43:52    Post Subject: Anyone know of good war games for PC? Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm looking for presents for a buddy of mine. He's a pretty hardcore RTS gamer, so he has most stuff that's popular. I'm not really familiar with the genre and I don't know all of what he has. I need either something obscure or something new or coming soon. Anyone know any good RTS war games? Any suggestions are appreciated!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:48:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Age of empires 3 is due for release soon and judging by how good 2 was it should be an awesome game.
Wiseacre
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:51:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Cool, I will add AOE III to the list. Hey, have you heard anything about Act of War? There's a demo out, but my computer isn't hi spec enough to run it. It looks pretty cool, but I can't tell if it's something that a hardcore RTS gamer would like.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/actofwardirectaction/media.html
vulcan
Pleased but Sticky.

PostPosted: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:53:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Rome: Total War is excellent.
Wiseacre
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:15:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

He has Rome:Total War. It's hard, he has almost everything.
Bang Head It looks like Age of Empires III won't be out until too late, too. I guess I could get it for him next year. I'm still thinking about Act of War, just cuz I know he won't have it. I haven't heard any news about it though, so it makes me nervous.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:17:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Oh that warhammer 40K game dawn of war is awesome its the only strategy i play. its a tad futureistic but very well designed.
KickDrunkPunk
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:43:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Call of Duties are good games
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:18:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Heritage: the settlers was a decent game, judging from the demo I've been playing. I like AoE and Civ3 and Starcraft. Heritage seemed like AoEmpires with some Myths thrown in because it had Heroes. Funny thing... the "find idle villager" key was exactly the same in Heritage....
Enforcer
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:34:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Toms

Just saw this, worth a look since it looks to come out in a month or so.

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:13:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just thought of another game he may not have: Lords of the Realm 3. It's decent for gameplay and the strategy makes it pretty difficult. Definately work a look. It's a surprisingly good game once you get over the fact that it's bargain priced. I was nonplussed when my dad got it for me, but after I spent two hours learning how it works, it's a lot of fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: