Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Arctic Cooling Silentium T2 ATX Case
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marko
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:54:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Flashy -> you mean efficient right? Sun Zalmans fan controler is worth its cash...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:24:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The 80mm fans used by Arctic Cooling are uniquely designed where they do not produce anywhere near the amount of noise that usually comes from 80mm's. I would say they produce the same as a 120mm. It's hard to explain exactly how quiet these fans are.

I'm tempted to remove them from the case and install them in my Antec case just to lower the noise in it!
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:14:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

do they sell the fans oem?
My fanbus was 12$ at svc on clearance adn it works jsut fine and can power about 3 fans per knob, and it has 4 knobs. Grin

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:22:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The last two cases I have used both had 120mm fans in them. I for am sold on the 120mm fan and consider that as a pretty important factor now when looking at any case.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:24:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes they do sell the fans individually...

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-186-121&depa=0

For $3.99 each at newegg....
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:07:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

thsoe are oddly designed but i guess they work. Laughing i will have to get some next time i order from newegg. thx for the link
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:41:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ANother place selling these popped up... Xoxide:

http://www.xoxide.com/arctic-cooling-silentium-t2.html
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

VistaViewer
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:52:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Would an Extended-ATX mobo fit in a Silentium T2?

Just looking for an opinion or any constructive criticism.

I recently purchased a Supermicro X6DAE-G2 which is 12" X 13.05". Here is the link:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon800/E7525/X6DAE-G2.cfm

I have been searching for a nice looking relatively compact case to put it into, with out much success. Then I saw the Silentium T-series and I have read several Reviews and studied the pictures. It looks like it just might fit IF I dispense with the HD-Silencer box that sits in the lower front next to the power supply. The forward edge of the mobo has all low-profile < 3/4" components so I am hoping it would just slide undernieth the mid-location 3.5 drive bay sheet metal. The upper right corner of the mobo might hit the lower rear part of the 2nd from top 5.25 drive bay. Unfortunately that is where the 8-pin power connector is located. But I certainly don't mind cutting a little bit here and there in order to get a real nice case.

I definately don't want to use one of those gargantuan full-tower cases that sit on wheels. The only other alternative I've found is an HTPC-type Media Center case which is a lay down configuration. There are a number to choose from but I perfer a mid-tower.

Because of the unique internal configuration of the T2, it looks like it is a definate possibility. Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance for your comments.

VV
Rolling Eyes
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 10:59:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I can't say for certain, but it might. You are correct that you would have to remove the HD silencer. I would be concerned that there aren't any screw holes out that far, but it might fight.

Good luck, hopefully it does fit if you decide to purchase it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: