Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Arctic Cooling Silentium T2 ATX Case 
VistaViewer
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:52:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Would an Extended-ATX mobo fit in a Silentium T2?

Just looking for an opinion or any constructive criticism.

I recently purchased a Supermicro X6DAE-G2 which is 12" X 13.05". Here is the link:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon800/E7525/X6DAE-G2.cfm

I have been searching for a nice looking relatively compact case to put it into, with out much success. Then I saw the Silentium T-series and I have read several Reviews and studied the pictures. It looks like it just might fit IF I dispense with the HD-Silencer box that sits in the lower front next to the power supply. The forward edge of the mobo has all low-profile < 3/4" components so I am hoping it would just slide undernieth the mid-location 3.5 drive bay sheet metal. The upper right corner of the mobo might hit the lower rear part of the 2nd from top 5.25 drive bay. Unfortunately that is where the 8-pin power connector is located. But I certainly don't mind cutting a little bit here and there in order to get a real nice case.

I definately don't want to use one of those gargantuan full-tower cases that sit on wheels. The only other alternative I've found is an HTPC-type Media Center case which is a lay down configuration. There are a number to choose from but I perfer a mid-tower.

Because of the unique internal configuration of the T2, it looks like it is a definate possibility. Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance for your comments.

VV
Rolling Eyes

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved