Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
EVE ONLINE VOTED BEST OF 2004
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:55:48    Post Subject: EVE ONLINE VOTED BEST OF 2004 Reply with quote View Single Post

I have no idea what this is, but I liked the website... Laughing

Quote:
REYKJAVIK, ICELAND - January 31st, 2005 -- EVE Online, continuing its climb to the top, has just received several awards from the acclaimed website Massively Multiplayer Hell (www.mmell.com) including Best Massively Multiplayer Game of 2004. With over 70,000 unique vistiors voting in this first annual Reader's Choice awards at MMHell.com, here is what the staff there had to say:

"The numbers speak for themselves: first, Eve won the Best Science-Fiction Award with a total of 7296 votes (53.11%), then it destroyed the competition in the Best Space Simulation Award with an unbelievable amount of 7849 votes, which were 93.62% of all votes in this category. To top it off, Eve's at that time unreleased free Expansion Pack "Exodus" ran for the top of the hill in the Most
Anticipated Expansion category and won with 9082 votes (69.55%). Lastly, but most importantly, it won the rather short Best Massive Multiplayer Game Award with 519 votes (50.63%) beating Anarchy Online by just 178 votes, so we hereby declare Eve Online: Best Massively Multiplayer Game of 2004."

A full wrap-up of the awards can be found at:
http://www.mmhell.com/articles/012405/readers_choice_awards_2004.html
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:22:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hmmm. i thought world of warcraft might take the cake.
y2kbug
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:45:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

yea eve does look pretty cool as a game, i have always wanted a good space game....the only thing stoping me is the 20$ a month + the price for the game...i really should get a job
Devroush
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:57:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I played it a lot in beta, after that I payed for only 2 months I think.
The game is great, gorgeous graphics, the space is IMMENSE + mounting your weapons on your spaceship for the ultimate setup can be a real challenge
This game doesn't work with experience you get by fighting, mining or whatever. You learn skills in realtime, this means that your character trains a skill, even when you're not logged in. I like this because I can't play that much. But I wouldn't be surprised if some people think it is boring.
on the other hand, you have to pay a lot to play, the game is one big capitalistic game, by killing people you won't earn enough for better equipment, you'll have to mine, or let other people mine for you Smile
Playing this game was a lot of fun, search yourself a nice corporation is a priority. I stopped quite early because I was getting quite addicted, and this wasn't any good for my school results ...
Great game, you should definately try it if you like space games.
(yes, I'm aware that my english isn't great Wink)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: