Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
WTF? Microsoft sucks.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:32:17    Post Subject: WTF? Microsoft sucks. Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
Washington-AP -- Microsoft is hoping to head off another Internet virus attack like the "Blaster" worm last month, by pushing preventative measures.

That attack infected hundreds of thousands of computers.

The senior director of Trust Worthy Computing Security for Microsoft says the vulnerability that "Blaster" took advantage of is similar to one just discovered in its Windows software.

However, Jeff Jones says there's no worm or virus they're aware of for this one. That's why he says they're urging customers to protect themselves before an Internet attack strikes.

Jones says Microsoft's Web site makes available some easy steps computer users can take to protect against attacks. Among the steps -- enabling a personal firewall and installing and keeping anti-virus software up to date.

You'd think they'd do it inconspicuously. And perhaps BEFORE product launch. Bang Head

A letter to a soldier
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:10:15    Post Subject: Re: WTF? Microsoft sucks. Reply with quote View Single Post

IceNine wrote:
You'd think they'd do it inconspicuously. And perhaps BEFORE product launch. Bang Head

Mmm... Before product launch would assume they actually CARED that they are selling "Beta" software...
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:10:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I might just buy a copy if they were to start from scratch... The problem is they keep adding on and adding on, etc. Now they're looking EVERYWHERE for a little leak. A proverbial needle in the haystack if you will.

I may be a geek in saying this, but this is why I love linux. I use it for a lot of my graphic/design work and it's best for my coding. The only reason I'm still using Windows is for the stupid Games that I love so much.

A letter to a soldier
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:50:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

what the true problem is, is that all the bug writers, hackers or whatever hate M$. thats why its targeted.

If they hated Linux as much as they hated M$, I'm sure Redhat and others would have their hands full making patches for their security holes.
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:54:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That is an excellent point, Knight. The hackers should sell the exploits to MicroShaft. They could say that there is a critical exploit and offer a bid. That would surely help M$ and coders out in the long run.

A letter to a soldier
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:18:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

"You wouldn't need locks on your doors if there wasn't any thieves."

Its not the faulty door/lock thats causing the problems, its the thieves.
trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:27:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Exactly, there is NO such thing as foolproof! Every piece of armor has its crack.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: