Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Newegg is changing
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:54:36    Post Subject: Newegg is changing Reply with quote View Single Post

I just got done laying down ~1500.00 bucks for assorted machine making supplies (NEO, 3000+, 6800GT, DVDx2 etc...)

and wouldn't you know it, not one of the items in my cart came with free shipping.

Each item was like 4 to 5 bucks to ship. Total shipping $49.00.

Whats up with that crap!!!

On the good side, Newegg now accepts Paypal!!!! About time too!!!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 01:54:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, they obviously found out that losing money on shipping doesn't work. They still rock though.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:35:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, they are loosing a lot of free shipping. And $50 to ship that isn't reasonable. I'd really call them and complain about that.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:00:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just paid $30-$40 shipping on (25) $2.99 LAN cards.

...I thought something was different when I hit the confirm button.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 01:51:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Check this out. I ordered on the 9th.

I just got a shipping confirmation and Fed Ex says to expect shipment on the 16th!!!!!!!!!!

WTF x 10, thats 4 days from now and a total of 6 days!!!!

It used to be I was suprised if I got my stuff on the 4th day, bacuse it all came on the 3rd day!!!!!!!!

Time to go looking for alternatives...

I can't think that all of this is due to the holidays, is it???
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 02:15:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I wrote Newegg a letter...

Dear Sir or Madam,

I ordered another system worth of components at Newegg on the 9th of December. I was shocked when the final shipping charges added up to $49.00. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of equipment each year for many years and have always found Newegg to be the best online vendor of computer equipment BAR-NONE!!! This was due to free shipping on 90% of the products offered, selection, and ease of ordering.

I know for a fact that the products I ordered to not cost anywhere near $49.00 to ship. The case I ordered I can understand being a bit more costly to ship. But you have always charged for shipping cases, this is a given. The rest of the equipment that comes in one box and might weigh a total of 5 pounds, should not make up the other 25-30 dollars.

Newegg has revolutionised online shopping and made purchasing online easier than driving to a brick and mortar operation. Newegg is the go-to place for price checking to create quotes for system builds for my clients. When people discuss products online in forums and instant messaging, its Newegg that gets the copy/paste and leads the discussions.

Please do not fall in line with the rest and "EBAY" your way into high shipping/handling charges.

I would rather see price increases before "fooling us" into thinking killer prices and then see big S/H tacked on.

Newegg set the standard for all the rest, don't fall in line and lower the standard!!!

Thank you,

David Baker
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 04:27:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nicely written. I couldn't agree with you more. I remember when I was first introduced to newegg, alot of things had free shipping. But now even when I order alot of small items that come in a small box, it's $12+ in S@H.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:02:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

you need to keep us posted on what they respond to you if they do

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:24:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I sent a similar letter a while ago... Even if those are the individual shipping items, combining all of that in one shipment can not possibly cost that much! I have sent massive heavy boxes (generally to Spire), coast to coast for far less.

In the past several months I have bought nothing from Newegg... Now that they are in NJ and charge tax, the prices with shipping are no longer the best. Now I am looking at places like jab-tech, directron, and compgeeks more often.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:28:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

This is the reply I received:

Dear Dave,
Thank you for your interest in Newegg. We appreciate your comments and feedback. However, pricing of items and shipping costs are together calculated by both the purchasing and marketing departments. You can address both departments by emailing purchasing@newegg.com and marketing@newegg.com. Thank you for your comments and spending time to share them with us.

Sincerely,

Song Huang

Newegg Customer Service

I forewarded this email to the departments she listed. Newegg must not have a Forward button on thier email client...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: