Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Upgraded from phpBB 2.0.10 to 2.0.11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:14:34    Post Subject: Upgraded from phpBB 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 Reply with quote View Single Post

My boys over at TweakNews.Net were hacked today and talking to them made me aware there was a new patch available that I didn't have.

Patch is on now, should be as secure as possible, but let me know if I hosed any of the other forum functions in the process!

Thanks!

Sun
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:46:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Looks good so far... and security is a must Grin
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:30:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I also added a bit of code that now only shows users in the memberlist or on the index if they have completed the registration process (which now requires one to click a link sent in a welcome e-mail). The total number of members is unchanged, but those who haven't finished, just aren't shown...
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:50:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kwel... I know I like to go through and delete all the unregistered users every couple of months on NWT. I like someone who I won't mention (who runs another site we both know) don't care about an inflated member list.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:12:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, I'd rather keep it small, but more accurate. Plus, it keeps people from registering to just have their disgusting urls listed here in their profiles! I noticed about 5 people signed up while I was away with links to horrid sites, I deleted the urls manually, but with this new hack the people disappeared all together since they never finished the registration process.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:03:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Another feature from 2.0.11 is a visual confirmation thing required during registration... that coupled with now requiring a valid e-mail should slow down bogus and bot accounts.

Cool

visual.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.11 KB
 Viewed:  7982 Time(s)

visual.gif

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:47:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, that keeps out the bots
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Site Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: