Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Antec P280 Super Mid Tower Case
http://bigbruin.com/content/antec280_1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 09:10:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Antec's newest chassis creation, the P280 Super Mid Tower Performance One Series Case, certainly doesn't disappoint. What it doesn't have in the "bling" category, like side windows and flashing lights, it more than makes up for in performance and quality. In many hours of testing over the last few weeks, it did what every silent case should do - it didn't make a peep.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

skarydrunkguy
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 00:04:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I remember the good old days of 10 years ago when a computer case was free after rebate and held the guts of a PC just as good as today's $100+ cases do.
JimBowy

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 16:22:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

skarydrunkguy wrote:
I remember the good old days of 10 years ago when a computer case was free after rebate and held the guts of a PC just as good as today's $100+ cases do.

i remember those cases too but damn! they were ugly. i think a lot more design and features are built into the cases today. reviewers actually evaluate cases for noise and system temperatures - things cases 10 years ago didn't even need to incorporate

skarydrunkguy
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 00:03:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

JimBowy wrote:
skarydrunkguy wrote:

i remember those cases too but damn! they were ugly. i think a lot more design and features are built into the cases today. reviewers actually evaluate cases for noise and system temperatures - things cases 10 years ago didn't even need to incorporate

All good points, but my fancyass computers that I build all sit under and behind desks, don't get overclocked and hence are never very warm even with stock cooling, and are being used by morons (myself included) who just push the power button if they can't hear it because they think its off. I don't know, I just miss the good old days when free after rebate applied to more than just crappy cell phones and worthless software.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 07:40:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

skarydrunkguy wrote:
...are being used by morons (myself included) who just push the power button if they can't hear it because they think its off...

I laughed just because that was funny, but also because we now have two mini-ITX HTPCs in the house, and I have removed all the lighting from them so they don't distract. They are both solid state, so they make no noise and draw almost no electricity when idle so I tell everyone to just leave them on. Sure enough, I always field questions about why they have to choose to boot Windows normally, blah blah blah when they turned them on. Hard to explain that it was already on and that they just unnecessarily cycled the power.

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: