Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Win a Prize Pack of Rosewill Gear
Pro Football Pick Em - NFL Week Six
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:06:27    Post Subject: Win a Prize Pack of Rosewill Gear Reply with quote View Single Post

NFL Week Six

This week's prize is sponsored by Rosewill... bringing quality hardware and affordable prices together!

Up for grabs we have a handful of cool Rosewill items, including:

ยป RX750-D-B 750W 80-Plus power supply, as seen at Rosewill.com and Newegg.com
ยป RK-800G gaming keyboard, as seen at Rosewill.com and Newegg.com
ยป RNX-N1 Wireless N Adaptor, as seen at Rosewill.com and Newegg.com

Not long ago we had an idea - bring quality hardware and affordable prices together. From that idea Rosewill was born. Formed from a top team of hardware professionals, Rosewill is dedicated to our mission to compete and win on price, quality, and service. We work only with the best partners - businesses we know and businesses we trust.

Scoring:

ยป 5 points per game for picking the winner
ยป 5 extra points (10 total) per game for picking the exact score

The winner of the contest is determined by which ever entrant has the most points at the end of all games this week. If the contest should end in a tie based on points alone, the tie breaker will be determined by which entrant has the lowest point differential. The point differential takes the absolute value of the difference between the actual score and your predicted score for each game, and adds them all together.

Rules:

1. You have until kick off of each game to make your picks, once a game starts you will not be able to change your pick.
2. To play you must be a registered member of the Bigbruin.com forum.
3. One winner will be chosen based on the final score of the contest.
4. At the end of the contest, the winner must provide their shipping address, and the prize will ship out right away.
5. This contest is open to participants in the USA and Canada only, and shipping is included.
6. Rules subject to change.

Tips:

1. Your picks aren't set in stone until game time. You can edit your predictions for any particular game as often as you want right up to kick off.
2. Once games have started, you can see your predictions and how they compare to actual results by clicking your name as listed on the main page of the game.
3. The main page of the game shows cumulative season stats, which have no bearing on winning the prize for any given week. To see weekly scores - click here - and scroll to the current week.
4. Winners have two weeks to claim their prize - otherwise it will be forfeit.

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:37:56; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:10:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I don't even know why I play....I know nothing about the NFL. Laughing
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:15:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Modulok wrote:

You gotta be in it to win it! Laughing

Besides - even the supposed NFL experts have to count on a good deal of luck to win.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:53:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
Modulok wrote:

You gotta be in it to win it! Laughing

Besides - even the supposed NFL experts have to count on a good deal of luck to win.

Yep! The one week I used all experts ratings, is the week I did the worst. Bad Air
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:24:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've been running in to a bunch of people online and the real world who think this is a cool contest idea but won't play because they don't watch football or don't like football. Fine - I can't force people to play, but I almost don't see how that matters.

I do like football and watch way too much of it - and I suck at my own game. Bang Head

You have decent odds of winning based on the size of the pool, so you can either go in blind or steal the advice of experts as your own (which Cheeze points out may be worse than going blind). Once you're registered on the forum (which takes a few minutes) you can then spend a couple minutes each week for 17 straight weeks to win some pretty cool stuff!

Quagmire
soulchief
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:48:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Agree. Head to NFL.com and check the records. Then check their offensive and defensive stats (or past game scores) and make an educated guess at what the score will be.

I don't really pay attention to the games. I might watch 3 "half" games per week (2nd half of them)
James86
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 21:04:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm with soulchief I made my best guess and actually won and I know nothing about football.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

slugbug
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 21:34:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That's how I won last year. I don't even watch Football. Now if this was a NASCAR based contest it would be a different story..lol.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:46:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Speaking of how bad the experts can be... I came nowhere close to the top of the pool at Bigbruin.com - but I beat the experts in week 5 - doh!

EDIT - worse is that I only went 9-4 here, but 10-3 over there.
janickit
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 06:43:17    Post Subject: Picks Reply with quote View Single Post

The coin flip method has worked well for me. I have moved into first place for the overall standings. I can just not win any given week. It is picking the scores that I find to be the challenging part. Anyway, still love the game and the camaraderie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Site Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: