Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
sync application
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankieB
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 18 May 2011 12:23:51    Post Subject: sync application Reply with quote View Single Post

I am looking around for an advanced sync application.
Like most sync processes the actual process is 2 parts, first a comparison of files and second the actual movement of changed files. I am looking to make the sync process as fast as possible and see if there is an application that will see the last time a sync was performed and only compare files that have changed since the last sync. For example on Monday you have 100,000 files and you want to run a sync again on Thursday but only 10,000 files have changed. Do not compare the 100,000 file, but only the 10,000 that have changed since the last sync. I know that a custom application can be build, just looking to see if any of you are aware of such of an application, off the shelf.

i am looking at a few sync application and testing a few, good sync, pure sync, etc.

thanks.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 18 May 2011 12:34:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sync Back SE

Free download... very powerful. I have all kinds of scheduled profiles setup for backing things up from my various computers to my NAS. It compares files and gives you plenty of options of what to do.

Used to use it for remote backups, as it even has FTP support, to move things off site.
frankieB
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 18 May 2011 13:10:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks, I use that to also run my backups, and it does work very good. I will look into it again.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 18 May 2011 15:29:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

SyncBack is great...
Also use the Sync from MS...its ok, more simplistic and less options than SyncBack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: