Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Ultra Products Xconnect 500W PSU
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puddin
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:34:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

or getting a newer HD SATA is i think abotu 5-10 bucks more and usally has a minimal but still a performance boost Smile
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 02:13:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I already have a 160Gb SATA HDD. I wouldn't mind picking up another on and going SATA - Raid, but the Abit AV8 only has two SATA headers so I would have to forgo the optical drive and that PATA cable is really starting to look archaic next to the SATA cable, rounded floppy cable and power leads.
I used to have some rounded PATA cables, but trashed them after I spent nearly a week troubleshooting a random lock-up problem only to find that my nice fancy new rounded cable was the culprit. (makes me hesitant to go that route again).

More about the PSU - it's humming along nicely supplying 5.22v and 12.17v to my OC'd A64 3000+ 90nm CPU (2250Mhz @ 9x250). Smooth, Stable and relatively quiet.
Killer Ant
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 05:18:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The big question I have about this is "What does it sound like" lol

The feature sound the Dog's bollocks and to good to be true. I want one but don't want to find i have a vacum cleaner in my tower. Laughing
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 06:21:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It's pretty quiet, I have one in my case. Couldn't have found a nicer PSU.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 08:40:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Welcome Killer Ant - if the dog's bollocks are a good thing, and thats what you want, I would agree that this one is it than! Laughing - It is sharp looking, easy to install, and has decent lines. It could have stronger lines, but it could probably cost alot more then, too.

I have one (the reviewed one) and I still use it on a daily basis. Not noisy at all. The fans must spin pretty slowly to accomplish this, as there isn't a rush of air at the exit. But, the air isn't particularly warm either, so thats good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Power All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: