Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Morex Cubid 3688 Mini-ITX Case
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:15:00    Post Subject: Morex Cubid 3688 Mini-ITX Case Reply with quote View Single Post

Check out the Bigbruin.Com review: **HERE**

And share your comments / questions in this thread... Thanks!

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 02 May 2006 16:56:55; edited 2 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:44:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wow, beautiful SFF case! If only it was a bit larger and had space for one or two PCI cards. It would be really sweet then!

A little over a month ago, finished my HTPC and I'm already looking for something different to do with it! ROTFL
bigapl
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:43:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

sweet cases i like the stand ups
but i think the shuttle is still more practical
Bert
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 06:20:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You dont have many options to place more hardware or cooling .
Just basic computer Smile

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:48:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Bert wrote:
You dont have many options to place more hardware or cooling .
Just basic computer Smile

True, but thats the point of these things... do the basics, but do them fairly well!! As far as cooling is concerned, the VIA processors run cool compared to AMD/Intel, and barely use any power... so minimal cooling is all that is required!!
itxweather
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 18:43:15    Post Subject: Re: Morex Cubid 3688 Mini-ITX Case - 08/18/03 Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
Check out the Bigbruin.Com review: **HERE**

And share your comments / questions in this thread... Thanks!

Hi,

Very good review in my humble opinion.

Can anyone suggest a quieter replacement Case Fan for a Morex 3688 as i'd like to be able to run an otherwise fanless Mini ITX PC as quit as possible as is running 24/7 posting weather data onto my homepage.

Thank you.

Kind Regards.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 20:12:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi, thanks! Interesting idea for your site... How'd you get going on that?

I was just thinking the same thing as that fan seems to be more annoying to me know than it used to be... Haven't looked around, but you'd need a thin 60mm fan, and I'd like one with a speed control knob!!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

itxweather
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 08:26:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
Hi, thanks! Interesting idea for your site... How'd you get going on that?

I was just thinking the same thing as that fan seems to be more annoying to me know than it used to be... Haven't looked around, but you'd need a thin 60mm fan, and I'd like one with a speed control knob!!

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I've been interested in the weather for quite a while now and have wanted to put together a weather station web-site with weather data updating at 5,10 or 15-minute intervals for several months, the only thing that's really stopped me from doing this is the fact that I didn't want to run my desktop PC 24/7 and it's far too noisy!.

I've just put together a VIA EPIA Fanless Mini ITX PC using a Morex Cubid 3688 Case but it's still a little noisier than i'd thought it'd be, it ran really quietly with the lid off but as soon as the lid was attached it seemed to make the noise sound a lot greater Sad
Perhaps i'm being too critical here as other than the slightly noisier case fan than expected i'm otherwise really pleased with the Cubid 3688, still cannot get over just how small it is. I'd never thought that it was possible to build a homebrew PC running Windows XP quite happily into such a small case.

Have checked out several mail order catalogues over here in the U.K. but haven't found a fan that's suitable as a replacement as of yet. Shall keep on searching though.

Weather data has been posted onto the internet for a week now, there's only one page on the web-site however i'm hoping to expand on this very very shortly.

The URL if anyone's interested is: http://www.itx-weather.co.uk/

Keep up the good work with bigbruin.com!!.

Best Regards.
artdoyle
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 16:43:39    Post Subject: Adding 2ea notebook drives to the 3688/3677? Reply with quote View Single Post

Would this be difficult? Does the included ribbon cable support 2 notebook drives? Alternately, is there enough room for 2 drive cables?

Trying to transplant a Linux RAID 1 NAS machine into a more appropriate case.........

Thanks!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 16:58:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi artdoyle... What I received was a cable that supported one laptop hard drive (with the little power adaptor included) and one standard IDE hard drive, which was adapted to fit my laptop style cd-rom.

The case really doesn't have room for two drives though. I have just one 9.5mm high laptop drive installed, and the one cd-rom, and it is full! Plenty of room for more ribbons, just no more drives.

But... I have been looking at other Mini-ITX cases, and there are many slightly larger cases that allow for more drives.

Welcome... hope to have helped!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: