Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Morex Cubid 3688 Mini-ITX Case 
itxweather
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 08:26:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Big Bruin wrote:
Hi, thanks! Interesting idea for your site... How'd you get going on that?

I was just thinking the same thing as that fan seems to be more annoying to me know than it used to be... Haven't looked around, but you'd need a thin 60mm fan, and I'd like one with a speed control knob!!

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I've been interested in the weather for quite a while now and have wanted to put together a weather station web-site with weather data updating at 5,10 or 15-minute intervals for several months, the only thing that's really stopped me from doing this is the fact that I didn't want to run my desktop PC 24/7 and it's far too noisy!.

I've just put together a VIA EPIA Fanless Mini ITX PC using a Morex Cubid 3688 Case but it's still a little noisier than i'd thought it'd be, it ran really quietly with the lid off but as soon as the lid was attached it seemed to make the noise sound a lot greater Sad
Perhaps i'm being too critical here as other than the slightly noisier case fan than expected i'm otherwise really pleased with the Cubid 3688, still cannot get over just how small it is. I'd never thought that it was possible to build a homebrew PC running Windows XP quite happily into such a small case.

Have checked out several mail order catalogues over here in the U.K. but haven't found a fan that's suitable as a replacement as of yet. Shall keep on searching though.

Weather data has been posted onto the internet for a week now, there's only one page on the web-site however i'm hoping to expand on this very very shortly.

The URL if anyone's interested is: http://www.itx-weather.co.uk/

Keep up the good work with bigbruin.com!!.

Best Regards.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved