Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
X-Fi CMSS 3D
Does this play stereo music through all speakers?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anerky99
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 16:16:10    Post Subject: X-Fi CMSS 3D Reply with quote View Single Post

Right, havent been on here for quite a while but you guys are always really helpful so....

Im looking at getting a Creative X-Fi Titainium sound card, and the main reason being that I have 5.1 speakers and would love to be able to lsiten to music with it being fed through all 5 speakers, as it currently doesnt play through the rear speakers which is a little dissapointing as they are right next to my head and it sounds great when they are used for music(ive made them work before by plugging the rear speakers into the front jack and through using power dvd 10).
So would the CMSS 3D feature on X-Fi cards play music through all of the speakers through windows media player? Or does anyone know a good way of doing this?

Thanks alot.

Coolermaster HAF 932 II Coolermaster Real Power M1000 II Gigabyte EX58-UD5 II i7 920 @ 3.2Ghz II Corsair H100 CPU Cooler II 24gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz II 2x MSI GTX 460 Hawk Talon Attack SLI II Corsair F240 SSD II 2x3Tb Seagate (RAID0) II 1Tb Seagate 7200.12 II 1.5Tb Seagate 7200.11 II Pinoneer BluRay Writer
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 14:59:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm not familiar with it, but I don't see why it wouldn't...however I'm kind of surprised your motherboard isn't 5.1 already...Maybe you didn't have them configured for 5.1? If you're using the default WIndows XP sound settings it might not be, maybe your motherboard sound chipset need some model specific software to configure them for 5.1.

Looks like that motherboard RealTek drivers have a known issue. The "Rear" speakers should really be "Side" speakers.

From what it looks like you should use these audio ports on the back (marked with x)

X O
O X
X O
anerky99
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 16:06:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeh the drivers are a little s#!7* unfortunatly, i have to set the realtek stuff to use 7.1 without side speakers because it makes 5.1 speakers into front, center and side not rear :'(. I dont think its anything to do with those though as they are set up right because i get all the correct sounds in games and movies, i think its something to do with media player not playing it through all of the speakers but havent found anything that i can use to force it to do it aside from double up the jacks for front speakers by plugging rear one in there aswell.
I think from what wikipedia says on the x-fi cards that it can upmix all sound but its never very clear as they market it mainly for headfones to get surround sound through them.
Should be getting some money anyways so i will probably jsut buy an x-fi card along wtih some other bits and hope that it sounds better than what i already have and also upmixes to 5.1 for media player :s.

Coolermaster HAF 932 II Coolermaster Real Power M1000 II Gigabyte EX58-UD5 II i7 920 @ 3.2Ghz II Corsair H100 CPU Cooler II 24gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz II 2x MSI GTX 460 Hawk Talon Attack SLI II Corsair F240 SSD II 2x3Tb Seagate (RAID0) II 1Tb Seagate 7200.12 II 1.5Tb Seagate 7200.11 II Pinoneer BluRay Writer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: