Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Not printing apostrophes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:05:17    Post Subject: Not printing apostrophes Reply with quote View Single Post

Here is a wacky problem someone just asked me about.

Their computer "won't print apostrophes, even though they show on the screen"

I am waiting to hear more on this, like what applications, etc... But has anyone heard of this before?

Confused
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:59:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I had that happen to me about a year back, and it had to with the the page setep they had gping for the printer, cant remember exatly what it was but it was something I had done when setting up my printer..LOL I knwo not much help but they may want to unistalla nd reinstall teh printer and ty again!

OOO Pleeease... Like you were the first person in this place to have him... we've passed him around like a Joint at a frat party! - Dr. EvilCheeze
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:02:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sounds about right...

I think its the printer drivers... I had them print from the same pc to a different (newer) printer on the network and it worked fine... The guilty printer is an acient HP LaserJet Series II... The default drivers might not be jiving with their new Win XP pcs...
NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:09:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

that could be, but I beleive with HP, you can update the drivers on it, and use the drivers from a newer HP printer on their older versions. May want to check that out. That may make all the difference right there.

OOO Pleeease... Like you were the first person in this place to have him... we've passed him around like a Joint at a frat party! - Dr. EvilCheeze
PooM
Rated R

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:09:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Oh i like the way you used that word "jiving", very unusual. Smile
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 06:50:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I thought that he mean't Jibe (or gibe) as in to agrre (or in this case fail to agree.

My guess on the printer is you've switched to a installed character set that doesn't include apostrophes.
Alot of older printers are not WYSWYG (ie: print as a graphic, exactly as on the screen) but instead printed using install fonts, and ascii or postscript languages to comunicate with the printer.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:21:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You know what... I never went and fixed this for them... Bang Head

Laughing - I forgot until now, but they haven't asked, either!

It is definitely the drivers on the ancient printer. They are printing the same forms they did before on Win98SE machines, but now are on XP... I updated the newer printer with XP drivers when the machines were installed, but didn't touch the old printer because it appeared to work with the default ones...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

bigapl
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:06:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

definate driver issue
mine wouldn't print question marks for weeks until i got off my butt and updated them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: