Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Well, I Finally Did It..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:20:34    Post Subject: Well, I Finally Did It.. Reply with quote View Single Post

I just bought my first OEM desktop in over 15 years.. My old decktop pretty much died last year, and I've only been running a laptop since. My new work situation(from home, engineering) has been pushing the capabilities of my lappy - so I broke down and bought a new desky. Each time I pieced one out online I kept exceeding what I wanted to spend. ...had to fight the urge to get the biggest and baddest goody.

Here is what I got sorta on a whim today while getting a couple reams of paper at Staples.

http://www.staples.com/HP-Elite-HPE-210F-Desktop-PC/product_863093?cmArea=SC3:CG71:DP4119:CL161746
HP Pavilion Elite HPE-210 PC

Processor AMD Phenom II 945 Quad-Core Processor
Memory (RAM) 8GB
Type of Memory DDR3
Memory Expandable to 16GB
Hard Drive Size 1TB
Hard Drive Type SATA
Optical Drive Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner with LightScribe Technology
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Network Card Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n
Video Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5450 Series Graphicswith 512MB DDR3 dedicated
Display none
Other ports Front panel 15-in-1 memory card reader
# of USB slots 7
TV Tuner No
Dimensions 7.05"(W) x 16.30" (L/D) x 15.79" (H) approx.
Warranty 1 year
Space Saving Design No
Extra Features Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n; Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner with LightScribe Technology

Last edited by knight0334 on Tue, 15 Jun 2010 22:31:34; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:40:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice! Living large over there with the recent purchases!

Thumbs Up
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 22:30:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
Nice! Living large over there with the recent purchases!

Thumbs Up

Thanks!

yeah.. I've been doing without for quite some time.. ..I'm at a point that I need these things. New PC, printer, stove.. I dont count guns because I buy cheapo's. I need to get a fullsized fridge, and a washer & dryer next.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 00:11:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yep, nice system there. We bought a couple of HP systems here for the kids. Both are still going strong.

As long as you don't want to do any major upgrades (i.e. more than RAM) they work great.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 02:07:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
Yep, nice system there. We bought a couple of HP systems here for the kids. Both are still going strong.

As long as you don't want to do any major upgrades (i.e. more than RAM) they work great.

I've always had good luck with HP and Compaq for work machines and peripherals. Which was a factor in buying this machine.

My last desktop was a Athlon XP-M 2600 OC'd to 2626mhz with a Radeon 9800pro. Built it in 2004 and last til 2009 without any upgrades. I probably wont be upgrading this one, with exception of faster RAM, better display card, and a better PSU to support the display card. ...but that will be much later. Long ago are my enthusiast days, I'm just a PC user anymore. Meh money has to go to guns and repairs on this house.. lol
x.clay
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:04:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

looks like a pretty solid little system. I have had pretty good luck with HPs as well. I have a 7-year old HP mini-tower that keeps plugging along.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: