Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Weird Linux problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digital Eclipse
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:22:02    Post Subject: Weird Linux problem Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey I am new to this board but i was hoping someone could help me out. I decided to install Red Hat 9 on my computer. Everything installed fine and runs great. BUT for some reason while im using it, Red Hat keeps trying to access the Floppy drive. this is more of an annoyance:bang: , since it doesnt seem to effect system performance. I was just wondering if any one knows whats causing it. Thanks.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:00:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm not too sure about the inner workings of Red Hat based systems, but I'll give it a shot. Does your system use supermount (i.e., you put a CD/floppy in and it mounts automagically), or the regular system of mounting? Please post your /etc/fstab here, too.
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:50:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Simple solution Paul, DON'T USE REDHAT! Geez! Do I have to come over there and take those CDs? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: