Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Lilliput 7" TFT LCD Touch Screen
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louie928
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 03:59:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I tried the "Power strip" utility and it works perfectly. I can get 800x480 from my old desktop with the Nvidia video adapter, and the 7" Lilliput looks great. Circles are round and squares are square. I'll try it on my laptop next soon as I can get my wife away from it for a few munutes Wink

Powerstrip is one shareware that is worth every penny.

I sure appreciate your help on this.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:09:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Glad it worked out for you!!!
bosanac
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:36:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hello all.. great site with tons of info

i am planning of building comp for my car and the concern i have are very low temperatures where i live (northern NY - 30F). Does anyone have access to documentation and temp range for Lilliput monitor and what effect freezing temps can have on LCD?? I am not concerned with operating temperatures of the monitors but more storage type of thing while the car parked overnite.

Any thoughts???
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:39:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi bosanac! Welcome! Wave

I was wondering the same thing this weekend! I live in northern New Jersey, and it has been below freezing for a few days now.

I have been planning to get this mini pc into the car for months, but the planning has been tricky. Anyway, I think I am close, but I was also concerned about the low temperatures. I plan to dig around for info on just what might happen to a LCD if left out in the freezing cold for a long period! I'll be sure to post what i find.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:40:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I can leave my work laptop in my car overnight if you want me to try that Smile
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:46:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I thought I knew where I would find info, and I did! It seems that the monitor being off in the cold is not a problem, but operating in the cold can be! So, it seems best to let the car warm up before firing up the monitor. The other key piece of hardware impacted by low temps is the hard drive. That needs to warm up as well.

cold effect on monitor - mp3car.com
condensation - mp3car.com
lilliput specific issue in cold - mp3car.com
bosanac
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:23:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

wow... instant replies.. Thanks guys

I was thinking for some time now about installing PC into my car along with GPS and nice dash built-in LCD. I just started research about all different components and last thing i want is to spent $1K and be able to use it for only 6-7 months a year because of cold weather effect. I guess i will have to do some more reading and find best solution Bang Head

BB, thx for great links. Reading these I never thought that Harddrives can also have issues with freezing temps.

Helfire, i can tell you that my co-worker's laptop survived 3 days in his car just fine over weekend with temps at 0F.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Evilgremlin
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 05:06:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi guys great advise and links Smile Im thinking of either buying
Komplett.ie

or the more expensive

Komplett.ie

I want to set up asmall screen next to my pc monitor to input tv into.. I know most of thes things are for cars but im guessing because its got S-Video i can do that. The cheaper version for 99 euro Is prob a bad idea. Any advise thanx Smile)))
Grim.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 07:55:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'd verify they include some kind of stand or workable mounting brackets. Otherwise, either of them should function for what you want.

The more expensive one has a better screen, and can function as a small computer monitor as well. Which would be interesting to have just for WinAmp/Windows Media type use for music.
Evilgremlin
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:02:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

cool thanx alot for the advice i think im going to go for the dearer one. I have an idea if it doesnt come with a stad. Ever see those office lamp that have an extendable arm I think one of those might work Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Video All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: