Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Lilliput 7" TFT LCD Touch Screen
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ihristov
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:51:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the quick answer.
I did not expect much for the bright sun situation. I suppose it is OK.

I wonder however if the Xenarc is not better for this conditions? The Xenarc 700TSV lists:
Anti Glare Coating
LCD Brightness (w/o Touchscreen)*: 400 cd/mĀ²
Display Brightness (w/ Touchscreen): 300 cd/mĀ²
Contrast: 150 : 1

Nothing listed for the Lilliput. Anybody know what the parameters for the Lilliput are?

I am still waiting for the in-dash version. Anyone have any information about this?
http://www.lilliput.cn/products7.htm

I sent them an e-mail asking about the in-dash. I will post the response if anyone is interested.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

ihristov
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 17:37:12    Post Subject: Found brightness specs for Lilliput Reply with quote View Single Post

Found these specs for the Lilliput at
http://www.allcam.biz/products/lcd_touch_screen_7.html

LCD brightness w/o touch screen: 400 cd/m2
LCD brightness w/ touch screen: 280 cd/m2
Contrast: 200:1

Don't know if they are correct.
Nam
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:37:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

First I'd like to say thanks for an informative and rare review. It was the best source of information on this product!

Okay, you mentioned you used the stylus on the screen and it worked. But how does it respond to the finger? I dont plan on using and losing the stylus while i drive. If i want to skip a track i want to do it the same way i would on my head-unit. Please tell me how well it works with the touch of an index finger.
Thanks in advance.

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:31:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi Nam, welcome! your question sounded familiar... and luckily I found where it was asked before pretty quickly...

http://www.bigbruin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3051

The finger works well, but not for small buttons or text links, like you might have for normal desktop stuff... But, if you have an app like many car pcs do, it should be fine!
Nam
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 02:52:16    Post Subject: Jurassic Park Logo??? Reply with quote View Single Post

I saw this in another forum. The post says
Quote:
if i restart windows, and the screen looses the vga input from the mobo, it then displays the jurassic park logo
this kind of gets brighter until it gets the video signal back from the computer.

(from Forum: MP3Car > Lilliput Has Jurassic Park image on it! )

Do you see this too?
If yes is there anyway to change it?

louie928
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 04:04:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I recently purchased one of these little 7" monitors and happened upon your review. While you mentioned the native 800x480 resolution and likely difficulty of finding a computer with that resolution, I feel you didn't stress enough that not having a display adapter that will produce the 800x480 resolution is a serious detriment. The Lilliput will display 800x600, or 640x480, but the display is then distorted, Circles look like ovals, squares are rectangles, and the text is unusually wide. Maybe this doesn't bother a lot of people, but it sure bugs me. I'm trying to find a Mini-ITX MB with a video adapter that will output 800x480. Not much luck so far. Bang Head
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:28:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Welcome to BigBruin.com Louie!!!

You can actually get almost any resolution from any video card since the Matrox Millenium I.

Try Powerstrip. It allows infinite changes to any video subsystem.

And here is your link: http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm

Might take a bit of playing to get exactly what you want, but at least you can.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:02:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

800x480 was impossible for me without PowerStrip... it was even really hard to get going on the VIA Mini-ITX board I have. But, to be honest, I don't have the problems you do with it at 800x600. It looks good to me! What kind of graphics card are you running? Maybe that could be a factor...

And as Spire said... Welcome!
louie928
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:34:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for your tips. My laptop has an ATI mobility 128 AGP 2x adapter and I also tried the Lillipute on an old desktop I have with an Nvidia TNT Model 64 AGP card. Both produced about the same looking display on the Lilliput. The quality was better than I expected, but the same distortion was present. The application I'm working with is virtual instrumentation for my car and my gauges are round. Having round gauges appear oval isn't acceptable. I've downloaded Spire's suggestion of Power Strip and I'll try that. I'll build a dedicated car computer for the permanent install and I was leaning toward the VIA M10000 MB, but couldn't find out if it would support 800x480 resolution.

Thanks again. Very helpful.

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:17:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

From what I gather, Powerstrip will allow any rsolution on any video solution. The list they have is very long.

Also, I did notice a small link at the bottom of the link I sent that said something about very old video cards would need to sue an older rev of powerstrip and gave a link to the 2.75 rev.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Video All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: