Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
General Question About Social Networking Contests
Do People Enter?
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:28:15    Post Subject: General Question About Social Networking Contests Reply with quote View Single Post

Basically - I have seen that there are a bunch of contests for tech sites and manufacturers centered around social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. And, I get asked on a regular basis why Bigbruin.com isn't up on these sites.

Well, maybe it is time to try it out. I created a Facebook page last night and it may be the center of the next contest. Not sure what it will be all about or what the prize will be, but look for something to start after the current contest ends... Maybe by the end of June actually. If you find the page, feel free to sign up... There mightnot be much there yet, but being a "fan" gets you one step closer to winning whatever/whenever.

So, the questions are... Do you use Facebook? Do you enter the contests run by sites over on Facebook?

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:57:50; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:21:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I use Facebook a lot to network with office colleagues and family. But haven't joined any contests there yet. I'm not sure I want my "anonymity" out in the open there when joining contest, though...

Well, it depends on the prize really Smile

Where's the FB BB page, Jason?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:25:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That was another question I had... If you join a group, people in that group still can't access your personal page, right? If they are not your 'friend', being in the same group doesn't change things from what I see.

I didn't intend to create a link between Facebook and forum IDs, so while you would show up in both locations, there would be nothing to reveal the connection unless you did so.
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:32:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, it depends on how one sets up the Privacy Settings in his/her Facebook. I guess its open to anyone to view even if he/she's not a Friend, by default.

You're right on your second point as we use our real name in FB and only aliases here in BB...
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:40:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah - I saw one contest where the rules required you to identify your forum ID in your Facebook entry - or was it vice versa? Either way, I wouldn't ask for that.

And you are right again... I have my personal profile set to only show stuff to my immediate friends only. Hopefully everyone else will take a look and tighten up their privacy settings.
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:48:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, if you do decide to start a contest at Facebook, it will be my first to join one there Smile
slugbug
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:58:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have entered Facebook and Twitter contests. Haven't won any yet though Sad
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

x.clay
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:46:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a facebook and Twitter account but I don't really use them much - other than to enter an occasional contests Smile
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:10:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OK - I had made a simple fan page and shared the link - but then I saw how to make a business page, and made one of those. Luckily no one has joined either yet Laughing - so if you get the newsletter with a link to the "dead" fan page ignore it. I had also hidden the link in the first post in this thread, but it is deleted now.

If you want to be a founding member, join this:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bigbruincom/92424832457

The next contest will be run there, and will probably start July 1st. I am thinking it will be one of those quizzes, where I will test your knowledge of Bigbruin. (don't worry, it won't be hard).
Blake
Unwillingly Unwitty

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:23:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Good call with the Facebook as that has gotten so popular.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Bonanza All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: