Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Any guesses on what model Jeep this is/was?
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 22:37:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
It looks like it could be a LOT of fun Grin

Yeah - I wanna come over and play with some of your toys!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 00:51:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
BeerCheeze wrote:
It looks like it could be a LOT of fun Grin

Yeah - I wanna come over and play with some of your toys!

You still go the charger? maybe we could trade toys for a couple months. Wink

Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:19:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a 300... Close enough?

I wonder how your toy would do in Rte 80 rush hour traffic?!? While mine is AWD, I don't think it would handle all that mud quite the same.
borschtBomber[SS]
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:08:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That is a cool looking vehicle man. How much did you pay?
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 12:15:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

borschtBomber[SS] wrote:
That is a cool looking vehicle man. How much did you pay?

The deal isn't done yet because the owner is stationed in Germany, but everything should be finalized in a few days. Total will be $2850 for the truck, trailer, a spare, couple extra rims and all the other spare parts he has laying around.

I'm actually buying him a custom made transfer case for another one of his jeeps and we are "trading"

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 22:41:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice deal man, that is a cool little toy at a good price IMO.
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 01:51:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
I have a 300... Close enough?

I wonder how your toy would do in Rte 80 rush hour traffic?!? While mine is AWD, I don't think it would handle all that mud quite the same.

You should just get in the 300 of yours and drive to Alaska. I'll let you take the CJ10, FJC and ATV's out for a spin, bring your mud boots though. Grin

That's me in the middle and my buddy/passenger on the right Grin He's just lucky I was able to con the driver of the ATV into running the winch wire across the bog Grin

I knew I should have stayed to the left, just couldn't fight the urge to see how much mud I could sling.

IMG_5428.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.86 KB
 Viewed:  250 Time(s)

IMG_5428.jpg

Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 01:55:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Here's us coming back on the left trail. Didn't need a winch for that one.

IMG_5444.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.67 KB
 Viewed:  260 Time(s)

IMG_5444.jpg

*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 11:49:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok, I have to admit... I'm NOT a big fan of the FJ, don't care for the looks, and I'm a bit prejudice against Toyota and a 4x4...

HOWEVER, some of these shot's are starting to sway me in believing it's off-road abilities (still don't like how it looks) are up to par.
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:00:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
Ok, I have to admit... I'm NOT a big fan of the FJ, don't care for the looks, and I'm a bit prejudice against Toyota and a 4x4...

HOWEVER, some of these shot's are starting to sway me in believing it's off-road abilities (still don't like how it looks) are up to par.

People either love the looks or hate them, very few are indifferent. In my opinion it's a great part time offroad rig with good road manners, It's biggest achilles stems from the IFS suspension in front. It limits you to 33" tires max. People have 35" tires on them but that requires a re-gear and doing this has resulted in frequent CV axle replacement. The CV's just weren't made to spin that much weight and re-gearing the diffs makes it even worse. If the area your off-roading is passable with 33" tires, the FJC is more than able to hold it's own. Plus it handles extremely well on the road and with the 6 speed manual and 239hp it's no slug. Smile

Hence the reason I'm buying this jeep, Solid Front Axle. It's got 34" pizza cutters right now, but will eventually have 35's or slightly larger if possible on it when I get it leveled out and put a bit of work in on the suspension. Probably will eventually have a 4.0l in-line six as well, but that's even farther down the road.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: