Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Any guesses on what model Jeep this is/was? 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:00:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote

BeerCheeze wrote:
Ok, I have to admit... I'm NOT a big fan of the FJ, don't care for the looks, and I'm a bit prejudice against Toyota and a 4x4...

HOWEVER, some of these shot's are starting to sway me in believing it's off-road abilities (still don't like how it looks) are up to par.

People either love the looks or hate them, very few are indifferent. In my opinion it's a great part time offroad rig with good road manners, It's biggest achilles stems from the IFS suspension in front. It limits you to 33" tires max. People have 35" tires on them but that requires a re-gear and doing this has resulted in frequent CV axle replacement. The CV's just weren't made to spin that much weight and re-gearing the diffs makes it even worse. If the area your off-roading is passable with 33" tires, the FJC is more than able to hold it's own. Plus it handles extremely well on the road and with the 6 speed manual and 239hp it's no slug. Smile

Hence the reason I'm buying this jeep, Solid Front Axle. It's got 34" pizza cutters right now, but will eventually have 35's or slightly larger if possible on it when I get it leveled out and put a bit of work in on the suspension. Probably will eventually have a 4.0l in-line six as well, but that's even farther down the road.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved