Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Windows 7 Experience
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lockhead
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 03:47:56    Post Subject: Windows 7 Experience Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey guys!

Those of you have installed Windows 7, post your experiences here i.e. bugs, screenshots, etc.

To start with, here is my Windows 7 desktop:

So far, no problem encountered with this OS. Gaming is OK (crysis, FC2, COD4, L4D, ect...) The only problems that I had is the mobo drivers, you have to set the compatibility properties of the installation EXE to Vista in order to install it.

Intel Q9550 @ 4.0 Ghz with Noctua NH-U12P | ASUS P5Q Deluxe | 2 x 2GB OCZ Blade 1066 MHZ | 160GB Samsung | 500GB Maxtor | Corsair HX750W | LG Dual layer DVDRW | Diamond 4890 XOC | 20" Samsung 2043NWX | Scythe Kaze Master | Gigabyte Case
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:08:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ATI drivers are beyond crappy for it, not sure if I should blame ATI or Windows for that one.

Occasionally I'll lose access to browse any folders with explorer and it requires a restart to fix it. Not sure what causes it or why restarting explorer doesn't fix it.

Slightly less of a system hog than Vista, I guess thats a plus.

Templar
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:42:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am running 7 on my htpc/back up computer, and have had zero issues with it. I've not even had any issues with the ATI drivers that I have seen mentioned. Later in the year I will be building another desktop for my wife to use and I plan on buying a full version of 7 at that point to run on all three machines. 7 seems to be a bit more stable and actually, more overclock friendly than Vista 64.
slugbug
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:44:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have build 7057 64 bit installed on my core i7 rig.
My only complaint is there is no option to change the Control Panel to classic view.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:04:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

slugbug wrote:
My only complaint is there is no option to change the Control Panel to classic view.

Do you have an "All Control Panel Items" link? That seems to be comparable to Classic View on mine.
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:54:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Running Win7 as my primary OS on my office laptop since the beta came out last January. I'm very satisfied with it.

Minor bugs: cant use Daemon and bluetooth in Nokia PC suite.

Can't wait for RC version.

@slugbug-- where did you get 7057?
lockhead
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 04:21:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

found another problem. Tuneup Utilities 2009 is not compatible even setting the compatibility properties to Vista. Sad

Intel Q9550 @ 4.0 Ghz with Noctua NH-U12P | ASUS P5Q Deluxe | 2 x 2GB OCZ Blade 1066 MHZ | 160GB Samsung | 500GB Maxtor | Corsair HX750W | LG Dual layer DVDRW | Diamond 4890 XOC | 20" Samsung 2043NWX | Scythe Kaze Master | Gigabyte Case
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Asthetic
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:39:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

For all of you who have been using window 7. Do you like it more than vista. I have been using vista for a little while and have enjoyed it. Although it can be a pain when it asks for permision to do a bunch of stuff. I also don't like that I cannot override the safty function that does not allow you to instal unsigned drivers.

So have you had any major bugs/gltiches/pains with windows 7. Also why do you think that they made a new OS so quickly?

daemon
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 18:59:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I briefly gave 7077 a try and like it s far. My only gripe form what I can remember is no classic view, especially in the start menu.

The boot times vs Vista is much better.
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:19:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

@ Asthetic -- definite improvement over Vista. I used Vista Ultimate w/ SP1 for a few months on my home rig but later decided to go back to WinXP.

But I do believe its Win7 that will make people leave XP. Win7 is almost as fast as XP but with better features. Its even designed to run smoothly on lessser specs like netbooks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: