Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Announcing PTS Desktop Live 2009.3 "Gernlinden"
phoronix.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~*77*~
Xenophobe

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:33:26    Post Subject: Announcing PTS Desktop Live 2009.3 "Gernlinden" Reply with quote View Single Post

It has been no secret that we have been working to create our own Linux distribution that is designed to run off a Live DVD/USB device and would provide a standardized free software stack for running hardware benchmarks whether you are a computer review web-site like us, an independent hardware vendor interested in seeing how well their hardware performs on Linux, or just a hobbyist wishing to compare your system's performance against that of your friends. We first shared our plans for this a few months ago when talking about driving Linux-based benchmarking with Sandtorg (a.k.a. Phoronix Test Suite 2.0). We also briefly mentioned this Linux OS again last week when providing a detailed guide to Phoronix Test Suite 2.0, but today we are formally announcing PTS Desktop Live 2009.3 (codenamed "Gernlinden"). PTS Desktop Live is being released as a free download in tandem with the release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 on the 4th of August. phoronix.com
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:58:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Been waiting on this! Could prove to be extremely useful for reviews.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:07:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok, I'm getting a bit freak out now about your postings.....
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:42:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
Ok, I'm getting a bit freak out now about your postings.....

DID???
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:44:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Huh? ~*77*~ is a general account for the news. Not just for me... If that is the issue here.

If the issue is with the software, I have been waiting for it... I asked them about a distro with their test suite built in like a year ago.

Grin

While we're on the news... If anyone else is up for posting news, we could use some help. Not sure what the compensation would be, but there would be something for consistent, regular postage.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 21:46:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

1) Yes it's you answering yourself... it's freaky

2) If by "regular" you mean, when I'm piss drunk and post links to new nudie sites, then I'm all over that!

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: