Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Vista on 32bit computers
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 01:57:49    Post Subject: Vista on 32bit computers Reply with quote View Single Post

I was wondering now that Vista has been out for some time now, is it worth getting it if you only have a 32 bit computer? I have heard that there is hardly any improvement over XP in this case.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 12:26:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What is your plan? Do you just want to upgrade or do you need something only available in Vista? There might not be much of a difference in games you are playing in XP or even desktop applications... Unless you want DirectX 10.
Dakota
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 12:33:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, as I understand it, soon there will be no more support for windows XP, so that means no more updates to fixes, etc. That is one of the reasons for upgrading to Vista, I guess. I happen to like XP and I don't do much as far as games go. So, as I asked in my first post, Is it worth upgrading to Vista if you only plan to run 32 bit?

Thanks for the reply.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:09:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

XP will be supported for at least several more years.

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/?sort=PN&alpha=windows+xp

There will be at least security updates for XP until 2014. Hopefully you'll have a new system by then Grin
Dakota
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:37:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
XP will be supported for at least several more years.

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/?sort=PN&alpha=windows+xp

There will be at least security updates for XP until 2014. Hopefully you'll have a new system by then Grin

Thanks for this info, I think I will stick with XP until somewhere in the future, it is still the best yet.
SUSHRUKH
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:46:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think it's worth getting because i find Vista to be more stable & secure if not fast than XP.
daemon
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:14:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Unless you want to run DX10 then I would stick with XP however if you do want to go Vista, I would go with a x64 version.

If I was you, I would skip Vista and wait for Windows 7.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

SUSHRUKH
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:38:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That is right.Vista is nothing without the DX10 capability.
Dakota
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:49:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wow, I have never heard of the DX10, but have already decided to wait for 7. Thanks
daemon
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:44:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

SUSHRUKH wrote:
That is right.Vista is nothing without the DX10 capability.

Not really yet the same could be said for Windows 7 and DX11.

Also take it easy with your posting SUSHRUKH, you have one whole month to make the required 20 posts. Its not a "whoever posts the most wins" type contest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: