Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Slingbox
Anyone have one?
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 12:00:18    Post Subject: Slingbox Reply with quote View Single Post

I've been considering getting a Slingbox. Anyone have one? If so what have you tried using it for? Just LAN stuff or have you used it over your internet connection remotely?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 14:11:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I reviewed one of the original ones...

http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews05/review.php?item=slingbox&file=1

It was cool, and I did use it remotely eventually. I think the newer versions are much more useful and powerful, but I haven't really kept up on them.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 14:58:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Not using it any more?
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 16:20:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason gave me the info to log into it back when he first got it, I enjoyed watching New York TV from California.

It worked good.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 16:22:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
Not using it any more?

I rarely used it after a while... just didn't have a need. So I traded it for something else, or favors, or... Yikes

I did watch football on it from Amsterdam once... That was cool.
darthwroth
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 22:25:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I could be wrong but who actually likes the idea of having
thier computer ON so they can stream content to their TV? - I think
the vast majority of people prefer the easy no fuss USB2.0 method.
Some of us don't have big bucks for a media server. Networking
capabilities are waay overated - I'm very confident making
this statement.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 22:32:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

darthwroth wrote:
this statement.

The odd line breaks of your post had me wondering... well, why they were there. Like a chain letter that had been mangled due to being forwarded too many times, I thought.

So I Googled the text from this post you were apparently so confident in making..

Funny. Comes up with something very similar from a user comment on a cNet review of Western Digital's HD gadget...

LINK

The exact quote...

Quote:
I could be wrong but who actually likes the idea of having thier computer ON so they can stream content to their TV?--I think the vast majority of people prefer the easy no fuss method. Some of us don't have big bucks like the whiny Cnet reviewers.

Interesting. Same typo on "their", similar random capitol letters... Coincidence?

Bang Head
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

skar
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 15 May 2009 13:43:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just read a review on the Slingbox. The writer said it worked great when at home and the box wasn't moved around, but when he took it on the road and used it while traveling, he had a lot of problems and in the end wasn't very happy with the Slingbox performance.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 15 May 2009 15:04:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I can't believe I didn't get an "0WN3D" for darthwroth's post... Yikes

To skar... The slingbox stays at home when you travel, and you basically log in to it remotely. It has to stay put in order to be connected to your cable TV. Could be a bunch of variable that could cause problems, most are probably due to slow upload speeds at home or poor connections where ever they had traveled.
Blake
Unwillingly Unwitty

PostPosted: Fri, 15 May 2009 16:27:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
darthwroth wrote:
this statement.

The odd line breaks of your post had me wondering... well, why they were there. Like a chain letter that had been mangled due to being forwarded too many times, I thought.

So I Googled the text from this post you were apparently so confident in making..

Funny. Comes up with something very similar from a user comment on a cNet review of Western Digital's HD gadget...

LINK

The exact quote...

Quote:
I could be wrong but who actually likes the idea of having thier computer ON so they can stream content to their TV?--I think the vast majority of people prefer the easy no fuss method. Some of us don't have big bucks like the whiny Cnet reviewers.

Interesting. Same typo on "their", similar random capitol letters... Coincidence?

Bang Head

LMFAO, that is too funny. Can't believe I was late to this post (damn you Friday meeting!) but ouch!

BTW Jason you are right and props should be given out:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: