Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Rebooting Computer
WTF Over?
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:52:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

acruxksa wrote:
No chance someone's playing with you? Like the old drive tray hack, except they would be using the new one that crashes the computer when you specify an out of bounds netmask or something?

on that note...how about that great screensaver that emulates a BSOD? I remember using it on a co-worker years ago and it was fantastic.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 11:49:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Modulok wrote:
acruxksa wrote:
No chance someone's playing with you? Like the old drive tray hack, except they would be using the new one that crashes the computer when you specify an out of bounds netmask or something?

on that note...how about that great screensaver that emulates a BSOD? I remember using it on a co-worker years ago and it was fantastic.

What do you think I use Grin Specially on my laptop, catches people all the time.
misty
Mmmmm... Beer

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:42:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok.... casting a raise dead on this thread. It is still happening everytime I get up (well almost everytime). Seriously, I can be sitting here working on my laptop for hours and it is just fine, but the moment I walk away, reboot. Cheeze thinks I was probed by aliens and they implanted some electromagnetic probe in my head, but I'm pretty sure if they were going to probe anyone it would be him. Any ideas?

Stewie: I was under the impression the name of the show was "Kids Say the Darndest Things," not "Old Black Comedians Never Shut the Hell Up."
(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:19:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Have you tried moving the computer to a different room and seeing if it still happens? Sounds like interference or something in the room is causing it to go haywire. Or the computer needs you too much to let you get away Wink
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:38:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Have you stuck a multimeter into the wall yet?
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:44:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

We haven't moved it to a different room for a couple of reasons. 1 - The System can't be used in another room, and 2 - The only common thread is her. Also my system is right across the room from her's and there is no problem. Also it doesn't SEEM to reboot like this when I get (but I'm not at her desk very much or often).

I put her on a UPS and have been monitoring the voltage. Also again my system is on the same circuit as her's using the same hardware (PSU, Motherboard, RAM, etc...) and I don't have an issue.
(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:56:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Could try swapping positions of your computers and see what happens since yours works fine. Everything you've done so far seems to eliminate most possible sources of the problem. All I can think of is that something is causing interference in the area of the room where misty's computer is or some setting is causing it to reboot when idle.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:18:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have my own odd reboot issue... I have a car computer that has been working fine for close to two years... I finally moved it into a real case last week, and the only other change is that it now has an optical drive, too. No matter what, you can now expect the system to reboot exactly 17 minutes after powering up, and to do so for as long as the car is running. I now know traffic is bad if I don't get to work before the third reboot!
thegrub
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:26:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Last edited by thegrub on Wed, 14 Mar 2012 16:41:58; edited 1 time in total
kryptonian_sher
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:28:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Any chance that your neighbors have weird EMI/EMP equipment near the side of the room near her computer, or perhaps one that is pointed towards her? Also, try asking her to touch or stand close to a turned on tv set and observe...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: