Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Folding at Home Contest December 2008
Win one of two 2GB Kingston Memory Kits
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:51:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

FOX wrote:
Jason wrote:
Whatever you are using seems to be doing well! Sun

ummm? if theres a fox thats folding its ummm.... not me lol

OOh... disqualified due to honesty! Laughing

Who is folding as "fox" then?

Challenger and fox seemed to hit the minimum and then quit! Go on, just let it keep running! Cool
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:50:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

FOX,
If it's not you, you can still contribute. What we need is a lot of people contributing a little bit, rather than 2 or 3 large contributors. With just a couple of us it's tough to keep the numbers up because at times it seems like either Jason, myself of mrweasel's systems are down for a variety of reasons. The big numbers are nice, but I'd gladly trade it for 10 or 15 regular steady lower point contributors.

I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:13:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ill see what i can do... i tried doing it on my desktop a while ago which is why i thought my name was on the list but it was just horrible pointless on my pc... my laptop is almost a year old and was pretty spendy so that should do well i think... if im not lazy when i get home ill fire it up. I just never like running my systems overnight. I use my laptop for music production only so im weird about using it haha

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:19:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

For the desktop system, just use the standard client. I think you can set it up to only run when your system kicks on the screensaver. The work units aren't worth as much, but they have a much longer timeframe to completion so it shouldn't affect things much.

As for the laptop, I know what you mean. I've run F@H on every laptop I've ever owned and actually have it installed on my new aluminum macbook, but am hesitant to let it run full time (I always set it to disable on battery, but the mac doesn't seem to have that setting Sad ) because the darned thing is so new. I'll probably run it 1 work unit at a time for awhile until I gain some confidence that it's not going to overheat.

I have to go back to work tomorrow for two weeks and it always seems like my folding comps take a dump while I'm gone. Hopefully they'll keep chugging along because it sure looks like we are making some headway.

Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:04:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have had to cut back on my folding, not due to computer problems, but due to the fact that my room was getting WAY too hot. Even with the door + window open, and multiple fans running, my room was roasting. For now I'm just going to leave FAH running on my Quad core machine, and, when I feel like roasting myself, I will start folding back up.

btw: Acruxksa, nice Aluminum Macbook, I have one of the white plastic ones from about 1.5 years ago, and it's quite a nice portable computer.
SUSHRUKH
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 05:43:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think, my 5000 points have been achieved. Smile
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:45:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i started last night... let it run for a bit over an hour on my laptop which got super hot got to like 15 points then called it a night... i dont trust it running overnight.

how many points in an hour is average?

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:47:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I don't think I would Fold on a laptop... I just don't seem to have the confidence I would in a desktop where the parts are cooled better... and individually replaceable.
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:33:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

send me a laptop cooler Smile

Upon1
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 19:52:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm up for the challenge. Wonder if I can get the 5000 by the end of the competition considering I just started this afternoon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Bonanza All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: