Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
overclocking w/high end parts
new to ovwerclocking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techneck
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:02:56    Post Subject: overclocking w/high end parts Reply with quote View Single Post

Confused Bad Air I was just wondering about boosting my overclocking past where I am at. First the stats.(xtrm 2.67c2d od 3.2 /8gbs.ddr2 corsair dominator w/fan 444-12 v2.1/ gigabyte x48ds4.Updated/ bfg 260 oc video c x 1 // //thermalright120 heatsink on cpu // 2 dvd burners 4 // 4 V-raptors 2 in 0 raid only operating system, 2- 0 raid everything else. w 1 tb of non impt.dump drive 9(xternal)// 4 120mm fans and 2 80mm "plenty of air"case is nzxt lexa silver ) Now I got it running at 3.2 w/multiplier at 12 w/ nothing over volted, fsb is 272 (I think) I have never gotten past this.( wont post) so tell me how to get the thing past 3.2 and a better fsb. I beleive that I have set the foundation for a smokin fast pc one of 120mm fans r on the heatsink and ambient temps r holding at 75 f and processor is at 38-42. thanks Shawn let me know if u need more info.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:22:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi... welcome!

I have a couple questions...

What speed is the "8gbs.ddr2 corsair dominator"?

What FSB is that processor? 1066?

Just trying to figure out your current overclock, as 272x12 is about 3.2GHz, but I am trying to figure out if you started at 200 or 266.

Grin
techneck
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:29:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

memory is at 800 and the fsb started at 266
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:26:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hmm, 6 MHz isn't much of an overclock. Should be able to do much more, as what you have listed are defintely high end parts! Is the CPU and memory voltage currently set to auto? What are the actual voltage readings? Maybe you need a little more juice, especially since auto sometimes shoots too low.

How is the memory configured? 4x 2GB modules?
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 01:21:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason asks a good question, 4x2gb probably isn't going to hit as high a top end as 2x2gb or possibly even 2x4gb. I'm not familiar with the x48 boards yet, but traditionally using 4 memory modules stresses the memory bus more and adds more potential weak points, which tends to lower max OC's

That being said, you should still be able to achieve a respectable OC. Just don't expect to set any records.

What model and stepping is the C2D?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: