Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Google's new Browser ----- Chrome -----
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 15:30:54    Post Subject: Google's new Browser ----- Chrome ----- Reply with quote View Single Post

Anyone using it? I realize it's brand new and probably a security nightmare, but I'm a glutton for punishment.

http://www.google.com/chrome

Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:31:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Not yet. Was looking for a detailed review, but it may be too early. I was on one site reading their comments on it and finally realized I was wasting my time when I noticed they were calling it "chome". Damn, spell checkers must be more expensive than I thought! Laughing

Another brief review of the TOS was interesting...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10030522-2.html

Apparently you may still see ads from web sites, and now from the brower itself!
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:55:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Google is a for profit company. They are publicly traded... they don't charge you anything for thier search engine, or their browser, or their e-mail, or there.....

How do you think they make money? *cough*sell-detailed-information-about-the-people-who-use-their stuff*cough*
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 17:39:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
Google is a for profit company. They are publicly traded... they don't charge you anything for thier search engine, or their browser, or their e-mail, or there.....

How do you think they make money? *cough*sell-detailed-information-about-the-people-who-use-their stuff*cough*

That's the truth. They hold the keys to all the information and that's where the power is.

Reported my first bug. There's some funky delays when posting to a forum and your text wraps to the next line in the text box. Highlighting and deleting things causes some delay issues as well. You basically have to click outside the box to get the highlighted stuff to delete.

*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 19:38:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

acruxksa wrote:

Reported my first bug. There's some funky delays when posting to a forum and your text wraps to the next line in the text box. Highlighting and deleting things causes some delay issues as well. You basically have to click outside the box to get the highlighted stuff to delete.

That's because it takes a few seconds to send that stuff to their servers.... Yikes Wave
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:17:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:

OK, so how does adding more ads to a browser get them more money? It will just turn people off and they will have to settle for all the money they make from every other browser... Grin

An ad in the toolbar, or where ever these might show up would be a big turn off.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 21:51:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:

OK, so how does adding more ads to a browser get them more money? It will just turn people off and they will have to settle for all the money they make from every other browser... Grin

An ad in the toolbar, or where ever these might show up would be a big turn off.

Laughing You still think "people" are smart.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 12:06:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm trying it out. So far it's not bad.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 14:17:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 14:27:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

And now there is a portable version...

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Portable_Google_Chrome_d6041.html

People can bring it into their work place on a thumb drive and try to use it to get around the standard IT controls that may not apply outside of IE/FF...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: