Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
who plays wow?
I do
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 05 May 2009 14:10:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

TheInfiniteAmmo wrote:
I was addicted to WOW for 2 years. I finally broke free of that hellish existence and now here I am, 2 years later, clean.

Curse you WOW, curse you!

...or rather, curse me for my lack of willpower to resist it all those years ago...

Try eve-online. All the addiction without the side effects.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

TomatoSlayer
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 30 May 2009 18:01:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Guilty as charged.

My friends managed to convince me to join. As of now, I have a level 71 Undead Rogue on Onyxia: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Onyxia&n=Chaldie

Soon I'll be able to join the guild raids. Leveling is a chore. :/
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 30 May 2009 18:06:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

WoW still looks like it did on release day. Compare with the pics of Eve and you'll quit wow.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 30 May 2009 18:38:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing I tried Eve when it was still in Beta... Since I don't have 6 weeks to learn how to play, I didn't make it far.

Try DDO... A couple of recent reviews - http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=18164

http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2009/05/mmo-spotlight-dungeons-dragons-online-stormreach.html/2
Enigmachine
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 07:38:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I still play WoW, (80 human mage, 71 human rogue), though I am seriously trying to quit right now. By the end of the month I expect to be playing only an hour a week and be able to totally quit without too much pain.

I gave my guild master rank away last week, that was a good first step. Smile

I'm quitting basically because 1- new gf therefore need new job Smile and 2- I spend most of my in-game time thinking how unoriginal and uncreative the game mechanics are and how I would do it better if it was my game and program. After a while you just have to stop whining and do something about it so I'm quitting and going back to my game design days. Smile
motanacu
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 10:40:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i tried it for a while, i couldn`t play it Sad
Bojamijams
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 10:55:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Having been on the MMO bandwagon since the days of Everquest, I am getting sick of the same grind grind grind mechanism that they all entail and have re-discovered the beauty of single player games. Games with a beginning, a story and an end. Its strangely satisfying. Especially single player RPGs, they're sucking me in more then any MMO in recent memory.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Blake
Unwillingly Unwitty

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 11:23:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am always looking for the next best MMORPG or FPS. Currently I have a Ventrilo server set up and a few family members log in and we all play together, which makes the gaming experience that much better in my opinion. If anyone know of a game that can replace WOW, let me know. We have tried Conan, LOTR Online and a few others however WOW has been around long enough most of the kinks are worked out, not to mention a heavy PVP focus as that is a must.
Bojamijams
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:57:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Blake wrote:
I am always looking for the next best MMORPG or FPS. Currently I have a Ventrilo server set up and a few family members log in and we all play together, which makes the gaming experience that much better in my opinion. If anyone know of a game that can replace WOW, let me know. We have tried Conan, LOTR Online and a few others however WOW has been around long enough most of the kinks are worked out, not to mention a heavy PVP focus as that is a must.

o.O

I would call WoW's implementation of PvP one of those pathetic insults to pvp

if heavy pvp focus is REALLY what you're looking for, then checkout Warhammer Online.

Still a few kinks left, nothing major, but much MUCH better pvp
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 18:30:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Blake wrote:

Even though DDO doesn't have much to speak of in PvP (Thank god), it's PvE is IMHO the best. And it has BUILT IN Voice chat (though using something like Ventrilo is nice when your pugging to talk outside of the party), and like Conan has a very interactive combat system. But if you like point and click fighting it's not for you. And... VERY little PvP, but you can PvP if you want (in limited areas though).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: