Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
file management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankieB
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 11 May 2004 12:15:12    Post Subject: file management Reply with quote View Single Post

i have several designers and we all use dreamweaver mx 2004, and we use the check out feature, and it works okay. but when you go over to our developers who use editplus on linux the check in check out does not help out a bit.

it gets better, the developers we use, are most of the time out of our office. Just walking over and asking "hey are you done with a file?" does not work.

I have tried are you done in email - does not work
I have tried are you done in im - does not work.

so i am looking for something to keep track of old files, incase we have to go back, and also to make sure everyone uses the same file one at a time.

just wondering if anyone has a problem like this, and a solution. am i asking for too much?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 11 May 2004 12:37:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Not sure about the side on Linux, but MS has a nice system now that does that. OneNote I think it's called. Will have to look through my paperwork on it.

If I remember correctly, you load it onto a server, then people can check out files through a web-site. Looked impressive when I saw it in a demo from MS.
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Sun, 30 May 2004 00:50:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm not sure exactly what you're doing, but is it something that CVS would work for?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: