Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
$4.00 Gas
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue|Fusion
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 23 May 2008 19:18:45    Post Subject: $4.00 Gas Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm sure all of you are pissed about the rising gas prices. Last week the local news reported it will hit $4.00 by this weekend in our region. It sure has. Last week cost me $58.00 for just under 15 gallons of gas at $3.95/gal. The last two days it was up to $3.99 at my corner, and up to $4.05 at nearby stations. Luckily it went down a few cents to $3.92 today so I filled up from a quarter tank which still cost me $54.00. So what's it like around you?

Man, I can't afford $50 a week. Doesn't help I drive around a boat (2000 Grand Marquis).

I did the math the other day out of curiosity and found that if I had my own plane with one of the new turbo-diesel engines that burn jet-fuel which is cheaper than aviation 100 octane gasoline and even road gasoline, it would be cheaper for me to fly between my campus and home. A 4 hour round-trip in my car which gets about 30mpg on the road costs me $50 in gas. To get to the nearest airport around my house, it would be a 2 hour round-trip, burning 4 gallons an hour, for a total of around $30. Heh.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 23 May 2008 19:49:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

$3.71 here today. It is getting to be something you really have to consider. It's like $9 a day just to go to/from work every day. Simple thing like visiting the parents is now a $40 journey.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 23 May 2008 20:23:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just spent $4.39 a gallon for diesel, cost me $90.00 to fill up my truck.

Bang Head
Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Fri, 23 May 2008 20:25:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've been paying $4.22 for gas for awhile but I have to run 93 in my bike. Fortunately it gets about 45 MPG but that's not good enough so I'm looking into picking up a 150cc scooter for the work commute. I can live with 100+ MPG and it's only a 4 mile run....
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 23 May 2008 23:09:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

All of the prices so far are CHEAP.

There is an Exxon by me that is charging $4.49 for regular. I can't imagine someone who actually pays that much with a cheaper station less than a mile away. People who have those gas cards maybe...still stupid to go there.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 23 May 2008 23:39:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

$3.79 here today...I've already been talking to my manager about working from home 1 or 2 days a week to help the cost...think he'll be up for it, but have some things to figure out.

I can fill up and it lasts all week, but for my wife she has to fill up twice a week because she has a longer commute.

I'm about 15 miles from work, and I've actually thought about one of those scooters too...just would be funny take that down the highway LOL
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 24 May 2008 00:29:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

We paid 3.76 yesterday when we drove into town to go to the VFW, good thing the wife and I don't have to drive very often.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 24 May 2008 00:49:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

$3.89 is what I paid today in Johnstown PA. its $3.86 here in my hometown though.

this 8-10mpg in my truck is sucking @ss something bad.

oh.. I'm gonna punch the next flower child I see that says we went to Iraq for free/cheap oil right square in the mouth.. got a couple already lined up for a knuckle sandwich right down the street.

Presently taking donations for bail money.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sat, 24 May 2008 01:50:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

$4.89 for Diesel...

Card stopped at $100.00, truck was only 3/4 full. Thank god I ride my ATV to work and its only 1/2 a mile.

Diesel was 40 cents cheaper than gas a year ago when I bought my truck. Now its 40 cents more.

Regular is $4.49.

Crude closed over $133.00 a barrel thursday.
SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 24 May 2008 02:07:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

People people people... Grin

If you think $4 is too much for 1 gallon...then i really dont know what to say...maybe to go to vacations in Europe to REALLY see what word EXPENSIVE really means in terms of gas prices... Laughing

Here are some facts....here in EU...gas prices on average are around €1.3 -- $1.9 (with highest in GB at around €1.4 -- $2.1)...and all that PER LITER not per GALLON! Bang Head So multiply these prices with 3.79 to get price/gallon. Thats around 1.9x3.79=$7.2 (around $8 in GB!) / gallon.

We pay almost twice the price you pay...and still...none complains that much....damn... Mad Bang Head But i am sure that majority of people here would jump to the sky to be able to buy gas for $4/gallon. King Grin

Yet on the other side...any jump in price is bad...and if you were used to way under $4 per gallon....and now this...i can understand your anger...just like they would raise gas prices here to some €1.5....people would go to streets and protest for sure. Mad

Also...one thing to consider is that majority of cars (at least average ones) consume much less than in USA...around 10l/100km (or even 7l or less/100km for small cars)...thats around 23mpg (34mpg for small cars)...so if we add this into account....we see that you still pay less (although not that much).

Dont know what else to say....exept that in my opinion gas prices will go even higher worldwide....so alternative energy sources will need to become generally available asap (although i believe their prices will climb to high levels over time too...so there is just no one simple and cheap solution). Dont know, dont know.... Confused

God Bless America. Wink (and if anyone...then you'll find the solution to all this mess King Grin )

Wave

EDIT:
Prices i listed are for Unleaded 95 gas....for Diesel they are some 10-15 euro cents higher (around 15-22 US cents). Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: