Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Is this worth continuing?
CPU/Mobo/RAM combo on eBay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Mon, 12 May 2008 21:19:33    Post Subject: Is this worth continuing? Reply with quote View Single Post

I still didn't get a mobo for my AXP because I can't find a mobo I want. While I was searching, I found this combo and figured I might as well upgrade. If I get a new system with PCI-E I automatically get a free video card from a friend, so all I have to buy is a new PSU and some thermal compound.

What do you think the max I should bid on this if you think I should get it?

Clicky

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:39:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Didn't like 5 people offer you a board? Laughing

I wouldn't go too high on that... Decent stuff, but old. DDR is expensive these days, only because it is out dated. Could probably start a decent system around DDR2 for $150+, so don't bid more that that. Maybe $100 is necessary... Confused
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 13 May 2008 10:06:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nothing.... Right now your looking at $104 minimum with shipping. For something that you won't really be able to upgrade (I know I'm on a 939 system right now). Just depending this could easily go up another $30 - $50 knowing e-bay.

Or you can head over to Newegg, and for $183.97 get a brand new system:

BIOSTAR TFORCE TA780G M2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Now I know what your thinking, but look at the spec's. I bought a similar Biostar board that I use for my server, and it's very stable and actually very OC-able.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Brisbane 2.3GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - it's like $2 more than the 4200 so if you want to save $2 get the 4200.

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 - If you wanted for another $30 - $40 you could get 4GB here.

You'd still need a new PSU, but you said you already did so that doesn't change and you said you could get a free PCI-E video card so you'd be golden there as well.

My bet is you'd spend an extra $30 - $50 to get a brand new system, that you can also more easily upgrade. I'd personally spend that money in a heart beat.
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Wed, 14 May 2008 10:13:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I know the auction is over (and hopefully you aren't the guy that won the system), but I've gotta agree with EC here. My 939 motherboard died recently, and the entire socket as a whole is completely dead/unsupported. Definitely look into a lower end X2 or lower end intel (Can he get a C2D in the pricerange? Not too sure what prices are looking like at the moment)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: