Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Is this worth continuing? 
BeerCheeze
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 13 May 2008 10:06:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Nothing.... Right now your looking at $104 minimum with shipping. For something that you won't really be able to upgrade (I know I'm on a 939 system right now). Just depending this could easily go up another $30 - $50 knowing e-bay.

Or you can head over to Newegg, and for $183.97 get a brand new system:

BIOSTAR TFORCE TA780G M2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Now I know what your thinking, but look at the spec's. I bought a similar Biostar board that I use for my server, and it's very stable and actually very OC-able.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Brisbane 2.3GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - it's like $2 more than the 4200 so if you want to save $2 get the 4200.

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 - If you wanted for another $30 - $40 you could get 4GB here.

You'd still need a new PSU, but you said you already did so that doesn't change and you said you could get a free PCI-E video card so you'd be golden there as well.

My bet is you'd spend an extra $30 - $50 to get a brand new system, that you can also more easily upgrade. I'd personally spend that money in a heart beat.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved