Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
KVM & My Network
Trying to hook my 'puters together -eventually!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedihobbit
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 01:51:22    Post Subject: KVM & My Network Reply with quote View Single Post

Along with trying to build BluHaz reDux v2.0, DreamCatcher v2.0, and Yoda’s SMN I need to start thinking about my network and KVM setup. Guess I’ll save the network part ‘til later as that would involve the software selection for BHrDxv2.

The multi-computer issue basically will consist of a Primary (DCv2) and currently 2 Secondary (BHrDxv2 & YsSMN) computers. Needless to say the DCv2 will have its own monitor/KB/mouse. However the other two will have to share.

To do this I managed to pick up a Linksys SVIEW04 4 port KVM on eBay. I have a small computer table where everything will eventually go. Here are a couple of pics showing where the KVM should end up (with wife's lappy)
.even had to do some minor modding to the mounting of the shelf to move it out of the way. Before and after:

The other main components will be the shared monitor, a LG L194WG, and wireless KB/mouse, a Logitech Deluxe Internet Pro.

Hadn’t had the opportunity to test the unit until this weekend as I tried it out in a temporary “Testing Area” in my “office”. Here is a “light” and “dark” version. You have (from left to right) BluHaz reDux v2.0, DreamCatcher’s mobo assembly on the Tech Station, and then Yoda’s SMN.

Did run into a slight problem as the two Biostar units didn’t have any issues but the Abit system did; video but the KB/mouse didn’t work see Abit NF-M2 nView Doesn’t Like PS2 KVMs?

Last edited by jedihobbit on Wed, 09 Apr 2008 10:54:19; edited 2 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 09:27:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sorta looks like the Vegas strip in there with all those neon lights. Laughing
jedihobbit
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 09:30:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yep, it's good I don't try to sleep in this room! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: