Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Anyone preordered GTA IV?
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomato
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:29:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I will eventually pick up GTAIV for the PS3, but not until the hype has died down... I have many other games that need my attention atm Wink

I am going to wait until I hear some actual reviews from friends and whatnot before I take the plunge.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Leon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:48:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

goldenchessboard wrote:
Any idea why its rating is so low on gamespot? rated 5.5/10 on user comments.. but then again theres only 4 ppl that rated Razz

im sure by the time anyone reads this it will be 9/10

typical fanboys Bat
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 00:11:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I was probably expecting too much from GTA IV. I'm sorely disappointed in it, and several of my friends that got it a few hours ago are saying the same thing. Some of them love it, but others aren't totally pleased by it.

The multiplayer options are pretty good though...I'm just not feeling the game yet. Going to keep playing it and see if my opinion of it changes, but at this point, I like Rainbow Six Vegas 2 MUCH better than GTA IV.
Leon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:40:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Why are you disappointed with GTA4? It is one of the best reviewed games of all time. Thumbs Up
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:09:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. Could be multiple things that are just hard to pinpoint exactly why.

Usually when I play a game, I need to get associated with the character. Playing a Russian immigrant just doesn't feel like me. Yes, I know that sounds odd.

Game play feels slow paced. I love RPGs and the pace is slow at times, however for some reason the pacing during the story mode just feels slow. For example when you go to take Michelle out on your first date, you almost get to her house, then you have to turn around and drive back across town to save your cousin. UGH! Seem to spend more time driving from one place to the other rather than spending the time doing things.

I will admit that I knew this wasn't my type of game, but gave it a shot anyways because of my co-workers. I think I'll just go back to Two Worlds, Oblivion, Burnout Paradise and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:11:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hellfire wrote:
I will admit that I knew this wasn't my type of game, but gave it a shot anyways because of my co-workers. I think I'll just go back to Two Worlds, Oblivion, Burnout Paradise and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Laughing Don't worry.... I have had almost Zero interest in any of the GTA series. I would pretty much rather play Pac-Man than GTA.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:33:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, I felt the same way about FPS. However I found that I really like Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Which was quite surprising. Although after I finished the story line twice in two weeks and most of the "multiplayer" maps on Realistic, I am now bored of it...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

tomato
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:56:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

My only real experiences with GTA involve disregarding the storyline altogether and just how much carnage and death I can deal out before the army got involved Razz I tried to get into the storylines, but ultimately, the lure of destruction was too great Smile

I'm sure that's what will end up happening to me in GTA IV as well Cool

goldenchessboard
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:54:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

GTA4 got 10/10 on gamespot despite them saying it has some flaws. This is sort of questionable.. if a game has flaws, you don't give it 10/10. in any case, all of my friends so far are saying it lived up to the hype, especially the MP component
daemon
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:55:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

After watching a couple video reviews along with some ingame footage, I know wish I had a PS3 or 360 Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: