Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Are dead/lit pixels a defect?
want to return a tv...
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:23:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BTW- at least 1 model of Insigna 32" LCD's seem to have earned a "Run, run away fast!" rating at Cnet
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/insignia-is-lcdtv32-lcd/4852-6482_7-31556247.html?tag=uoall
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:48:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You scared me for a minute, but that isn't mine.

Some reviews aren't much better, but I have this one now:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8274379&type=product&id=1171058028982
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 04:04:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Not sure exactly who makes Insigna for BB (the other BB) some models seem very good/very inexpensive for the quaility, while others are hardly worth taking out of the box.
Hopefully you can wake up that red pixel (particularly annoying, much worse/more visible then a black/white/gray one) then the set should be good for years, at least until the PSU goes Wink (weak PSU's are a common problem) then you can trade up to a 42"
javajeff
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:22:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sometimes you can tap on them, and they will get unstuck. I did that once where it worked for an LCD monitor. I do not know if it will work on a TV.
goldenchessboard
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:54:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Best Buy isn't very good for customer service.. I was reading about someone who bought an 8800 GT from best buy, installed it in his comp, and found it it was only an 8600 GT. He looked closely at the card and it was in fact an 8600 GT. Anyways he tried returning it and they say he has no proof that he didn't switch the card, etc. Anyway, he couldn't get his money back. If i was to guess, I would think best buy would allow you to replace the TV for another, if u showed them the dead pixel, but thats about it.
tomato
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:38:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Best Buy/Future Shop Customer Service is TERRIBLE. They are only too happy to help you buy their products, but are rarely even civil to you if you are trying to return/exchange an item... Sad

As for your dead pixel issue... over time, sometimes they just work themselves out through use. Or try the methods that T-Shirt suggested if that one dead pixel bothers you that much.

I hate companies that have a "dead pixel minimum" policiy before you are even allowed to attempt to return/exchange it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: