Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Hardware/Software issue with W98 and a audio player.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:34:26    Post Subject: Hardware/Software issue with W98 and a audio player. Reply with quote View Single Post

I purchased a sandisk M240 (1GB) audio player for my uncle. (off woot by the way). Well it worked fine on my computer but it does nto work at all on his.

Long story short he has an old computer and is running Windows 98 on it. He also does not have an internet connection.

The audio player did not come with a disk for install and his computer does not recognize the player at all and I can't seem to find any audio drivers anywhere.

I went to the sandisk page but either they don't have a driver or their page is messed up cause I click on the 1GB driver and it just brings me back to the same page (http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/DriverDownloads.aspx)

I don't know what to do? Can anybody help me with this one?

By the way I even tried to insall winzip on his computer off a disk I burned it to and that would not work. I got an error that told me there was a device not attached to the system- no idea what that means
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:58:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Win98 doesn't come with USB drivers by default so you will need to add the USB drivers before you try anything:

http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 01:21:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks I will give it a go and see what happens
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: