Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Xbox 360
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:50:52    Post Subject: Xbox 360 Reply with quote View Single Post

Who owns one? Do you like it? Why do you like it or not like it?

Why do you play games on it, instead of the PC?

Thanks!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:00:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I own one and I love it. I don't play any games on it, but it keeps my kids busy for hours at a time. I have to kick them out every once in awhile because If you let them they would never leave. I do use the media center extender features though. Mostly music, but occasionally video. My kids friends come to my house so I know where he is and who he's hanging out with.

Plus it's a great club to bang them over the head with if they don't do their chores or homework. This alone is the best reason for getting one in my opinion.

We've also got a Wii and PS2 (no ps3 yet) and my older son prefers the 360, the younger kids play both, but seem to prefer the Wii when playing games that are available for both (lego star wars)

Probably not what your were looking for, but to be honest I don't play a lot of video games anymore (the occasional WoW session excepted).

*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:06:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing No thanks, that's a valid response.

We want the Wii also, and that's mainly for the kids and Misty. I'm just debating on the 360 for me, and maybe Misty. Also maybe the oldest.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:07:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Similar boat here, but while we have talked about a Wii for kiddie stuff, I want the PS3 for serious games, Folding, the web, and of course Blu-Ray!
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:17:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, I think I want the 360 over the PS3... For some reason the PS3 just doesn't get my attention. Not really sure why to be honest.
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:22:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The Wii is cool, I challenge my kids at baseball / golf / boxing every once in awhile and it's a kick in the pants. It always seems to be a big hit at parties as well. I'm not sure if it's the novelty of the system or the game play though. The sports games seem perfect for the controller, but I have my doubts about other games. Time will tell I guess.
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:42:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hi def movies are awesome, and with ps3 no additional purchases.

and its rumored to have an addon tuner card maybe next year. it could be a complete HTPC. get xbox if you just want to game (online is better with xbox too), but if you want a complete gaming/multimedia system, go with ps3, you will not be unsatisfied.

and yes, I am biased toward playstation, especially in the microsoft aspect of xbox.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 00:05:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

For gaming, it depends on the games. Go to your local Gamestop and check out the games that are currently available for them. Not many for the PS3 yet, but it's growing quickly. Plus I havn't heard any "must have" games for the PS3. Then again, only one of my friends has a PS3, and he watches more movies on it than plays games. He plays his 360 more still.

Most (not all) will come out in both PS3 and 360 flavors. It's those that won't come out on both that really matters.

If you want to watch movies, then the PS3 is best, as the Blu-Ray is a good option. But you can get the HD-DVD player for the 360 too (plus use it on your PC).

I got a 360 a few weeks ago, and needless to say I havn't turned on my gaming box since then...also been neglecting some things...

I also have a Wii, and while it's fun, I guess I'm one of those that does need to have good graphics to really enjoy it, plus the novelty of the motion movements wore off pretty quickly LOL My son loves them both, but prefers the games on the 360.
microcheap
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:22:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I love the Xbox 360 but I hate the controller because it is quite bulky for my hands, but all in all the xbox hardware wise is superb.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 23:20:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I bought a smaller controller for my son at Gamestop today. It's about 2/3 the size of the 360 controller.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: