Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Microsoft Zune
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
havoc.ghost
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:17:26    Post Subject: Microsoft Zune Reply with quote View Single Post

Anyone have a Zune?

I do and I love my Zune.... I hate iPods.... they are sooo overrated! Its a total cliche..

I really like how you can watch dvds and DivX files on it. Plus the screen is a tad bit bigger and for watching videos and such, its a good thing.

2 x Seagate Barracuda 750GB SATA 3.0Gb/s
2 x LITE-ON Black 20X SATA DVD-RW
2 x XFX GeForce 8800GTX - SLI configuration
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty
2 x SAMSUNG 226BW 22" 2ms
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
BF2142: HaVoc.KiTo
Quake 4: HaVoc.Ghost
HL2: Ghost
Unreal: HaVoc.Ghost
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:23:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nope, I was going to get a Zune to replace the iPod Video, but it was lacking a very important video feature for me. Video Shuffle. At work, I constantly have music videos going and need to have a form of a shuffle option. The Zune did not have it when I looked at it.

So originally I was going to stick with the iPod Video, however I ended up getting the Archos 604 to replace the iPod.

I'm with you on the iPod, I can't stand it, iTunes sucks, and everything else is overrated.
havoc.ghost
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:36:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

How is the Archos working out?

any pics? I have heard little things about it. Not enough to have opinions on it.

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:43:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

This is my second Archos, the first one was the first review I did here several years ago. It's holding up better than the iPod did here at work. The iPod lasted about 8 months of use for 9 hours a day (M-F) and use at home before I started to have issues. The Archos is still going strong since I got this model about a year ago.

I'll try to give you more info later, have to head to a meeting with Intel.

Check out www.archos.com
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:01:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Haven't tried the Zune yet, honestly though I have a iPod Nano and I really love. Never had any problems, but it honestly doesn't get a lot of use. And that's probably the biggest reason I haven't looked into an upgrade... why spend money on something I hardly use.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:13:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
why spend money on something I hardly use.

Can't blame you there. The only reason I spend the money is that I use mine almost the entire day M-F. Not to mention all the travel I used to travel a week a month or more, and now I don't Sad

Anyways, the Archos 604 is the one I have now, the non-wifi model. It's by far the best I've seen, and have had people change from both the Zune and iPod to it.

Natively it can do Divx, and has two plug-ins so you can use VOB and MP4 files on it. It can also act as a low end DVR with the dock. It comes with a video cable which I take with me when I DO travel, hook it up to the TV in the hotel room and I can watch a movie or videos there.
havoc.ghost
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:37:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hellfire wrote:
Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
why spend money on something I hardly use.

Can't blame you there. The only reason I spend the money is that I use mine almost the entire day M-F. Not to mention all the travel I used to travel a week a month or more, and now I don't Sad

Anyways, the Archos 604 is the one I have now, the non-wifi model. It's by far the best I've seen, and have had people change from both the Zune and iPod to it.

Natively it can do Divx, and has two plug-ins so you can use VOB and MP4 files on it. It can also act as a low end DVR with the dock. It comes with a video cable which I take with me when I DO travel, hook it up to the TV in the hotel room and I can watch a movie or videos there.

What an impressive multimedia device....

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:42:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I thought I might like one, but would be like Cheeze and would probably never use it. But, I have been seeing the 30GB Zunes going for really cheap at places like Woot and my interest was slightly renewed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: