Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
e6850 Performance and Value
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:09:07    Post Subject: e6850 Performance and Value Reply with quote View Single Post

The e6850 costs about the same as the Q6600, but has a higher bus speed and clock speed.

Was thinking that if some money magically appeared Grin I'd get a new system with one of these chips pushing it. Not sure I really need Quad Core, after having it for about the past year, and the 1333 MHz on a super fast chip might be more fun!

Looking for some ideas on coolinf performance... And overclocking ability.

Plus, my current AMD 4x2.0GHz may just get moved into a webhosting roll to drop that $$$ pain in my wallet.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:52:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well... Guess I have to do my own research... Laughing

Saw some interesting articles with some nice performance data:

Anand

Tom
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 19:01:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing Yea Sorry J... I haven't been on top of CPU's as of late. I *THINK* we're going to upgrade around X-mas time, so I know AMD are coming out with some new CPU's around then (Quad core), and I'm sure Intel won't let the challenge go unanswered.

So I'm not worrying about CPU's until about November some time.
Dimensionjew
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 21:03:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think intels next gen Penryns are supposed to be out around the same time unless im mistaken.... Confused

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 18:54:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, I pulled the trigger on the e6850 and a new motherboard. Hoping for good things, but just needed something in order to let my current machine take on a role it was more suited for... 4x 2.0GHz cores and 4GB ECC REG DDR is begging for server duty, and it will get it. Makes a nice upgrade to the current server too (Dual Athlon MP 2800+ processors and 2GB ECC REG DDR). Hell, I'm using WinXP 32-Bit and it only sees 3.25GB of that memory anyway... Laughing
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 23:24:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The system is here and I am taking it slow. I guess I'll make formal posts on testing it out one day. Right now, I upped the FSB from 333 to 360. In a few more MHz I'll drop the divider from 9 down to 8 and be right back at 3.0GHz on the CPU.

This PC2-6400 DDR2 I have isn't the best overclocker, and is at a 5:6 ratio right now. But, some new toys are lined up to jump in there!
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 23:55:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What mobo did you get BB? Cooler? The e6x50's are great all around cpu's and definitely offer quite a bit of headroom in the OC'ing department. What do you think so far?

Can't believe I didn't see this thread when you first posted it, I must have been busy.

Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:09:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have an ASUS P5KC (Intel P35) motherboard that can support DDR2 and DDR3. Seems like some decent settings in the BIOS, so I hope it does well!

Right now I am using the stock Intel cooler since I am using the Cooler Master 930 case I have, which uses a CPU duct. Need something low profile. I am really enjoying the silence, but may need something more powerful soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: