Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Excel Question
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:55:44    Post Subject: Excel Question Reply with quote View Single Post

I started keeping some charts and I don't know how to do one thing...

I have my values for the standard X and Y axis data, but I want another set of data to show as just a vertical line. In the example you can see that the series is a bunch of dates with blood test results for each date marked.

The second set of data is shown as just a vertical line and indicates when more blood was given. The line is just drawn in... As the chart grows, the line moves away from the correct date and is useless. I don't want the series plotted from date to date, just that each time it happens a tick mark or vertical line shows up.

Anyone know a way to get another series of data to do something like that? Or even know what I mean?

chart2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.53 KB
 Viewed:  8312 Time(s)

chart2.gif

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sat, 01 Sep 2007 09:07:47; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

JimBowy

PostPosted: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:13:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i'll look into it
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:06:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Anything? Grin
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 11:13:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I can run a buffer overflow attack against excel if that'll help ya???

Laughing Sorry I'm really not that good with Excel.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 11:26:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
I can run a buffer overflow attack against excel if that'll help ya???

oh yeah, that would be great! and almost the same end result. Duh

I keep updating this chart, and my vertical line moves on down the line each time...
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 11:30:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

*Edit - Never mind... took another sip of coffee and realized what I said... carry on.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:01:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Maybe I won't need help! I wanted to know how to do this in order to plot not only my blood test results versus the date, but to also have the third value of transfusion dates indicated on the chart.

Well, it has been about 6 weeks since my last transfusion, and the need for that extra value to be shown isn't so important. Laughing

While my values are still terrible, they reduced the threshold of where I used to receive a transfusion from 20 down to 10, so it doesn't look like I'll be making any vertical lines on the chart any time soon.

chart2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.82 KB
 Viewed:  7904 Time(s)

chart2.gif

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Cleem
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:23:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you know that your (realistically) highest Y-value is going to be 144k platelets/microliter, than you can make a vertical line stick using the following method. Note that this is assuming you used a scatter plot, which it appears like you did.

Create a second data "set" of one point.

The x-value is the date you want.
The y-value is going to be ~144, or what you would expect your highest y-value to approximately be.

Now, add this point as another series in your chart (Right click chart --> source data).

The point should show up on your graph. Right click on it and select "Format Data Series", then "Y-error bars". Choose "Display minus", and percentage "100%". Click OK.

You should now have a linked, dynamic vertical error bar with the date you want. You should just be aware that it might get smaller or non-visible if your maximum y-value changes (you should see what I mean when you try it if you don't understand why).

By the way, what is 144k/ul? Is that the average level or your individual goal? Good luck as always. - Cleem
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:57:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the help Cleem - I'll give that a shot.

I guess 144 would be a goal. That is the minimum value to be considered healthy, as the healthy range is 144-400. I obviously have a long way to go! Laughing
Cleem
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:29:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
Thanks for the help Cleem - I'll give that a shot.

I guess 144 would be a goal. That is the minimum value to be considered healthy, as the healthy range is 144-400. I obviously have a long way to go! Laughing

You're welcome boss. And don't give up hope, maybe in time stem cell research will get to the point where you can be injected with new adult MSCs that differentiate into platelet producing machines. We'll fix you. Wave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: