Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Cancer
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 01:01:38    Post Subject: Cancer Reply with quote View Single Post

To all:

Someone that I used to be engaged to just recently found out she has cancer. F1 and Fish(John) met her and her son once when I brought them to FL one year.

1 massive tumor in her right lung, several lymph nodes, 3 small and 2 large tumors in her brain. We all have long suspected something going on in her head, but didn't quite imagine this much.

Last Sunday she had to be admitted to Allegheny General Neuro unit in critical condition for swelling of the brain. She's out now thanks to some drugs and steroids going to work on the swelling and attacking the tumors. She starts radiation treatments tomorrow, but when the they do the bone scan on Wednesday that may change things.. If it's in her bones, then theres nothing they can do. She decided to no go thru the rest of the treatments, but rather let things take its course(3months to 2years).

If you all didn't know, radiation and chemotherapy makes you sick as a dog. That and you lose your hair and teeth.. She figured she'd just enjoy whats left of her time feeling somewhat "okay".. The docs at the cancer clinic in Steubenville OH and Allegheny General in Pittsburgh, and the State of WV public welfare promised to make sure she got all the drugs she needed for free so that she wouldn't "hurt".

Right now we're all hoping and praying that its not in her bones. If you all are the religious type - I ask you to put a extra word in for "Teeny".

Her family just lost one of her brothers to a stroke(31yo) and their mom last may. No one on her dad's side lives past 54. Her family has a predisposition to heart problems and cancerous tumors. Her family, and myself, aren't taking this very well. If you don't see me online for several days on end - it might be due to me going down to help her out from time to time.

Please donate to the Cancer Society. And if you have long hair(10-12in) and plan on getting it cut - please donate it to Locks of Love or some other non-profit organization that makes wigs for cancer and burn victims. I will be cutting mine real soon for it.

American Cancer Society
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/home/index.asp

Locks of Love
http://www.locksoflove.org/

Thanks,
Bobby
aka-knight0334
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 01:58:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hang in there Knight, Best wishes and prayers to "teeny" from me and mine in AK.
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:37:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi Knight... Hope you're hanging in there with everything going on in your life, and best wishes for your friend Teeny! This seems to be a tough year for many people, but at the same time lots of great things seem to be happening to people who need them... Hopefully she is one of them!

(Say Hi to Fish and F1, too, if you talk to them).
heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:53:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Knight, as a 3 year cancer survivor I understand fully what she is going through. My prayers and best wishes go out to your friend and her family. Keep the faith.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:44:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thank you all.. I really do appreciate it.

Linda, one of the biker clubs in Weirton is trying to get a benefit run set up for sometime this summer. If you and your hubby happen to come up some time this year- be sure to hull up the trike as well.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:12:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sorry to hear. I do think I remember this girl (didn't meet her though).

Best of luck to her, her family and you. Hopefully things go for the better.
heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:24:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

knight0334 wrote:

Linda, one of the biker clubs in Weirton is trying to get a benefit run set up for sometime this summer. If you and your hubby happen to come up some time this year- be sure to hull up the trike as well.

Thanks for the heads up but we wont be up that way till probably May of next year. We already have a cruise and two other weekend getaways planned for the rest of this year. Hope the poker run goes well. No doubt bikers have big hearts and generous wallets Smile
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 15:51:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Update

Since I last posted on the subject, they had to readmit her to the hospital. Complications to radiation and chemo. Today she had a stroke and isn't doing well. Docs told us to say what we had to say, make peace, etc NOW. Her family is bringing her home to die with some dignity, it is also her choice to do so. I'll be heading down when they get her home, either today or tomorrow(as soon as I can get money from the bank).

Brain swelling is getting worse, docs estimate only a couple to a few days.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 16:00:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wow! What to say? I'm sorry to hear this, and it seems so fast.

I hope she can be as comfortable possible, and that everyone she cares about can be there!

Knight mentioned giving to the Cancer Society, but if money is tight (and you don't have hair for Locks for Love), you can make a difference by donating blood or platelets. And who knows, running Folding@Home could make a huge difference one day.
NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 17:18:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Knight

I am so sorry she is having to go through this. As a one year (almost) cancer survivor, I know how scary it is. If there is anything I can do for you or her family, please let me know, as I am not that far away!!! And just so you know, last April I cut off my long hair, and gave 22 inches to locks for love, it is a beautiful program!! Then I found out in June I had cancer, lucky for me I just had to do radiation so I did not lose my hair, I am currently growing it out again, so next year I can cut it off and give again!! I will be praying for you, her, and her family!!!

OOO Pleeease... Like you were the first person in this place to have him... we've passed him around like a Joint at a frat party! - Dr. EvilCheeze
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: