Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Anyone else have kids in hockey?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 19:49:51    Post Subject: Anyone else have kids in hockey? Reply with quote View Single Post

Just wondering. I got an e-mail this afternoon about a skills camp at the end of the month so it looks like things are starting up again. I never realized the hockey season was so freaking long (September-March) when my wife and I decided to enroll our youngest son (7) and Daughter (5) last August. After talking to several people we decided not to put them in a summer league so they wouldn't get burned out. (they did swimming instead), but now it seems things are ramping up again. They seem to really love it, but it sure can be a grind. Especially now since they will be in two different leagues......................................nothing like rolling out of bed at 6am every Saturday to get to the rink. The weekdays aren't so bad usually just Thur nights and every other Tue. night. Those early Saturdays really put a damper on Friday night festivities though.
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 20:04:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Not yet, hopefully one day. Young girl hockey is rare here still, and with two girls I may have to wait longer than I want... Laughing

I used to play all year long until last year (three season adult leagues, fall/winter is one, then spring, then summer).

Hey Modulok, remember the good ole days of the Bridgewater Blue Devils? Laughing
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 20:21:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ya, she was one of only 2 girls on the team. Just not many girls playing yet. Tough to say if she'll stick with it though, she asks about the figure skating outfits she sees when we get off the ice. (a figure skating club rents the rink right after us Mad Mad Mad Mad) So far she's happy with hockey but, I guess we'll see how she feels when she gets older (fingers crossed). There are some girls on a couple of the older teams, but who knows what we'll do when she gets to be 9 or 10. There is a local girls league, but it's more expensive so we will have to see. For now, she can handle herself just fine with the boys Grin I think having 2 older brothers helps.
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 14:16:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think some places have young girls hockey, but it picks up more when they are older... Has to make it tough to enjoy early, as well, boys will be boys. We had an adult league that let females in during the summer, and it wasn't fun. Some were awful, some were decent, and some thought they could get away with playing dirty because they were girls (they learned the hard way). Laughing

Ahh, here is a picture of me and my boy at hockey. OK, maybe not true, but he looks young enough... Laughing

Ahh, the good ole days Modulok!

devils-champs2002.jpg
 Description:
Old Team Pic
 Filesize:  107.33 KB
 Viewed:  228 Time(s)

devils-champs2002.jpg

ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 06 14.09.gif
 Description:
Old Stats
 Filesize:  44.24 KB
 Viewed:  229 Time(s)

ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 06 14.09.gif

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 14:39:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

surprised you still have those pics...all of the winning was fun, but too often did I just suit up to watch a hockey game Wink We were between divisions, if were were up one then we would have been last, while in the division we were in we owned just about everyone.

My fondest memory was the shootout for the trophy, I finally got some decent shots against!! Grin
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 15:06:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have all the website files, used to be hosted here... Grin

Yeah, we had to cut our goalie, moved up divisions, moved to a new facility, and won another trophy... Laughing
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:05:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ah the good old days...ice packs, ace bandages, knee braces, concussions...Damn I miss it :'(

I so want to play again...

Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: