Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Nvidia Dual View failing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vileguy
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:58:32    Post Subject: Nvidia Dual View failing Reply with quote View Single Post

I made my new comp with the help of people here, it works great. I've been using dual view most of the time since I got it but yesterday it started scaring me. I was playing world of warcraft and it got a critical error and froze my computer, so I restarted it. The same thing happened again, so I turned off my 2nd monitor and disconnected it. It ran fine then. Today I turn off my comp, reconnect the 2nd monitor, and boot it up and it keeps restarting before even loading windows. Is there something wrong with my BIOS or drivers? It's strange because it was working fine for quite a while and just yesterday started doing this. Any ideas?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:09:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What system specs? Include the specs on the monitors. I've heard of some issues with Widescreen monitors.
vileguy
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:54:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

raidmax x1 atx case
dfi infinity 975x intel mobo
evga geforce 7900gt 256mb pci express gpu
sunbeam 550w psu
kingston 2gp 240pin ddr2 667 ram
seagate barracude 7200rpg 320gb sata hd
nec 16x dvd+r burner
intel core 2 duo e6300 conroe 1.86ghz lga 775 cpu
logitech g15 usb keyboard
logitech g5 usb mouse
creative x-fi music sound card
klipsh 2.1 speakers w/ logitech headset

envision EN7410e 17" lcd monitor
HP M50 crv monitor

was working fine with boths for months, aside from an occasional blinking of the screen. now when i plug in the 2nd monitor (both are on analog signals i believe) the computer chain-restarts and won't ever reach the desktop

was working great for a few months, now whenever i connect the 2nd monitor

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:12:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I would check with the video manufacturer. For a long time, all the 7900 video cards had issues. I had to get my eVGA cards RMA'd 2x, and a friend RMA'd XFX cards 3x. Our cards starting have severe graphic issues in games and would reboot our machines randomly.

I have heard that they have resolved the issues with them, and there shouldn't be any new issues with the 7900 series. That's where the 7900GTO cards came from (underclocked 7900GTX)

You can post on the eVGA boards your card specific model (more than just 7900GT) and they can tell you whether the issue you are having is due to the bad models.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: