Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Not sure if this is a hardware or software question,
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:48:29    Post Subject: Not sure if this is a hardware or software question, Reply with quote View Single Post

When the system or a program has a "memory leak" well it cause the keyboard and mouse not to work and more in less crash the whole computer and nothing works and the only way to fix it is by restarting the computer? Or could this be a hardware issue(psu)? While playing a game the whole system just stoped nothing worked, the keyboard didnt work the mouse didnt work and i had to restart the pc, what else could cause the whole system to stop?

To sum that all up can a memory leak cause the whole system to stop? By whole system i mean everything keyboard,cd-rom drive,mouse etc?

Also should add that the pc was on for only 6 hours, and that i was not having no issues like this before i installed that jetico firewall, I uninstalled it and went back to the old one i was using and see if that could have been the problem, just was wanting to hear other people opinions

Thanks
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 00:12:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i have seen a bad stick of ram do what your talking about -try a diffrent stick !
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:24:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes, a memory leak can cause that. However, so could a lot of things.

What leads you to believe it's a memory leak?
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:21:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Truthfully im not sure,Just that it seemed to start happing when i installed the jetico firewall, I wonder if the coding in the firewall would cause the system to crash. why i was asking for other suggestions
thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: