Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Graffiti
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evilburl
Canadian eh

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 18:53:36    Post Subject: Graffiti Reply with quote View Single Post

So I have a hoodlum that tagged my dump bin with a very poor looking "tonk", WTF. What is the big thing that drives these kids/adults into doing this? Now the city of Medicine Hat has a bylaw that basically says that if the landowner or business does not remove graffiti on their property that the city will remove it and "BILL" you for their trouble. Ain't that a kick in the nuts.
I guess it could be worse, my house and fence is left alone Razz

PMS stands for:Perissable Man-Slaughter, Preposterous Mood Swings, or Punish My Spouse
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 18:56:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

time to start thinking of a booby trap for him/her
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 13:47:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

there are some very very talented artists out there

Found this on graffiti.org

mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:02:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

would be nicer if they learned to use paper or canvas.
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:45:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That's a great image when you take off the crap "writing" and leave the background and the roses. There's a difference between murals and grafitti. It's an easy line though: When it's tagged, that's grafitti because true art is just signed.
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:52:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Couple of things.

I agree that some of the stuff is very good and very artistic. And I think in some places stuff like that looks great. However there are places where that sort of art is desired and legal.

No matter what you call it I feel it is 100% wrong for a person to place it on something where it is not desired or does not belong (your dump bin for example). I guess that is an obvious statement.

However what is even worse in this is the governmental action portion. I just don't understand how in the world the local government can force you to clean it or pay them to clean it. I am not a lawyer so I don't know the legal issues but at first thought it almost seems like that would be illegal.

Last time I checked we lived in a free country. I thought the government was here to protect and serve us not the other way around. Granted nobody wants a house in their neighborhood that is in shambles, has spray pain all over it and is falling down. At the same time it is hard for me to see how the government can force certain things upon people.

Example:
If the house is falling down then yes I agree they should be able to come in and condemn the house because that is a service where the government is protecting the people. But graffiti on your trash bin??? Hell it is a trash bin for goodness sake- if some ice cream grips out of the box and to the outside of the trash bin is the local government going to clean it for you and charge you for that as well??? Where does it stop???

I just get all riled up about it because I really hate some of the things that the government does. I also feel that there are a lot of these so called little bylaws out there that are basically not right and could even be unlawful or unconstitutional. Just wish we did not live in a society where trying to fix things like that would not cost thousands in lawyer fees - otherwise I would be all over it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: