Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Fan and Noise Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
znoopy1234
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:13:09    Post Subject: Fan and Noise Question Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi, I finally have my system up, but am surprised at how loud it is.. well, somewhat.

I currently have a Xaser 3. Initially I was diffident in purchasing it due to the 7 fans, but after testing them out individually I concluded that they were actually fairly quiet after all (even 7 of them). What I found making the most noise in my system, is the powersupply. I was looking for a Zalman 400w nps, but after not being able to find one, settled for an antec 430w truePower (which I was told was relatively quiet). However, after mounting and remounting it, it is still fairly loud and the noise coming from it never seems to vary (even though it is supposed to have some 'smart' system and I connected it to my mobo). Is the truepower really this loud, or have I neglected to set something for it?

On a side note, I cannot hear the difference when I turn my case fans to full power (which could be because my psu is drowning them out.) Has anyone else with a xaser noticed an audible difference when changing their fan speed, or have I installed the fans incorrectly?

And finally, being a noob, I noticed that my cpu fan is not spinning all the time (it would spin during startup and then stop). Is it supposed to do this, or does a problem w/it exist?

Thanks for any help.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:41:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You can change the fan in the PSU if you don't mind voiding the warranty.

Is the fan on you CPU a thermaltake smart fan or some other temp controlled/adjustable fan? If not, is the fan plugged into the mobo?

znoopy1234
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:38:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

the cpu fan is just a normal p4 c stock fan, and yes it is plugged into my mobo.
JimBowy

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:53:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

the cpu fan should always be running...
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:36:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Plug the fan into another fan header on the motherboard. Anyone besides the one labeled "CPU". If that doesn't fix it, go to www.SVC.com and get a real heatsink and a quiet fan to go with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: