Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Fan and Noise Question 
znoopy1234
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:13:09    Post Subject: Fan and Noise Question Reply with quote

Hi, I finally have my system up, but am surprised at how loud it is.. well, somewhat.

I currently have a Xaser 3. Initially I was diffident in purchasing it due to the 7 fans, but after testing them out individually I concluded that they were actually fairly quiet after all (even 7 of them). What I found making the most noise in my system, is the powersupply. I was looking for a Zalman 400w nps, but after not being able to find one, settled for an antec 430w truePower (which I was told was relatively quiet). However, after mounting and remounting it, it is still fairly loud and the noise coming from it never seems to vary (even though it is supposed to have some 'smart' system and I connected it to my mobo). Is the truepower really this loud, or have I neglected to set something for it?

On a side note, I cannot hear the difference when I turn my case fans to full power (which could be because my psu is drowning them out.) Has anyone else with a xaser noticed an audible difference when changing their fan speed, or have I installed the fans incorrectly?

And finally, being a noob, I noticed that my cpu fan is not spinning all the time (it would spin during startup and then stop). Is it supposed to do this, or does a problem w/it exist?

Thanks for any help.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved